There are 269 users in the forums

Eric Mangini Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets

Eric Mangini Thread

Defense isn't an issue in SF. The problems are on the offense side of the ball. Mangini can be average and SF will have a top ten defense.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fister30:
Defense isn't an issue in SF. The problems are on the offense side of the ball. Mangini can be average and SF will have a top ten defense.

Its about to become an issue.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Defensive front stays rooted in a 3-4 base. Defensive backs are most likely to continue and employ pattern match principles. I think it's a safe hire that serves to not deviate too much from the previous scheme under Fangio. There's no all22 film from 2010, which was the last time Mangini held a HC position.

Thank you.

I want us to stay in a 3-4. Our core defensive players know the 3-4.

I am still learning about "pattern match" principles for defensive backs, but continuity seems positive.

Mangini will not have one starting defensive end, and if Justin Smith retires, he will need to break in two new starting defensive ends.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I like the hire, Mangini should do well with this group of players.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i like the staying in a 3-4 aspect of it

i was kinda rooting for 4-3 :(

top 5
Originally posted by susweel:

Change teams please!
  • thl408
I think it helps that Mangini has been in the NFC West for two seasons. Although he's been working on the offensive side of the ball, it still provides a bit of familiarity with division foes and cuts down on ramp up time. Plus he already knows the defensive personnel. We'll see how he performs as a game planner.
Mangenius! Don't be Mangina.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

top 5

fister is right and justin probably is to,. hard to mess up our defense. he does have alot of options with the good people we have and knowing us we probably will find another good linebacker in the draft. erics head injurys are a titch of a worry for me but plenty of time to worry about that later. i hated this hire as a tight ends coach last year but i will keep a open mind as many smarter than me says he is going back to the thing he knows the best.

Im not in Love with the move but it could have been A LOT WORSE. Atleast Mangina has NFL championship Experience coaching NEs secondary during 2 SB wins and a few playoff games so maybe he'll do good. What I don't like about Mangina is he can come across as a dipschit sometimes but lets wait & see.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

how and why please? the last d coordinator we had sucked until he came to us with the players we had,, as fister said, mangini could be average and still have a treat defense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Im not in Love with the move but it could have been A LOT WORSE. Atleast Mangina has NFL championship Experience coaching NEs secondary during 2 SB wins and a few playoff games so maybe he'll do good. What I don't like about Mangina is he can come across as a dipschit sometimes but lets wait & see.

agree with every thing you said. his stint as tight ends coach was a disaster but i guess this is what he does the best
  • evil
  • Veteran

You oughtta change your handle to SusweelsSenselessness. And be sure to pay your royalties to NN for blatant gimmick infringement.
I'm gotta ask because I am lazy and I do t remember how good was he way back when as a coordinator? How were they rated?
Share 49ersWebzone