LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Eric Mangini Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets

Eric Mangini Thread

How do you feel about this hire? I like it.

Mangini : Once you see that ball I need you to jump up as high as you can and try and hug it!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Champions**t
we are f**ked
I'm fine with it. Back to his strengths as a coach, and has Tarver (and possibly Fewell) as positions/assistant defensive coaches. That's a pretty strong and experienced defensive coaching staff, and that's not even including Tomsula as HC and maybe Young as DL coach.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I do not know enough about his career as a defensive coach.

I am sure that posters with more knowledge will post what they know or believe.

I have some homework to do.

[ Edited by buck on Jan 22, 2015 at 3:53 PM ]
  • thl408
Defensive front stays rooted in a 3-4 base. Defensive backs are most likely to continue and employ pattern match principles. I think it's a safe hire that serves to not deviate too much from the previous scheme under Fangio. There's no all22 film from 2010, which was the last time Mangini held a HC position.
Im fine with it. Our D doesnt need s great coirdinator to be successful. Fangio was trash before he came here.
Harbaugh and Fangio to Tomsula and Mangini.

What can go wrong?
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 22, 2015 at 4:34 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Im fine with it. Our D doesnt need s great coirdinator to be successful. Fangio was trash before he came here.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Harbaugh and Fangio to Tomsula and Mangini.

What can go wrong?

Maybe we'll be good enough to beat the Raiders
i like the staying in a 3-4 aspect of it
Good hire. Building a solid defensive coaching staff with lots of experience.
Originally posted by Jcool:

I would say we don't need a fancy nam but we do need a sound scheme. I believe that Eric is experienced enough and intelligent enough to build upon the foundation that Vic left us
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Jcool:

I would say we don't need a fancy nam but we do need a sound scheme. I believe that Eric is experienced enough and intelligent enough to build upon the foundation that Vic left us

With that one year as DC and the last 3 on the offense?
Share 49ersWebzone