LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Well, it's OFFICIAL-Fangio to Chicago, per La Canfora

Shop 49ers game tickets
Looks like the Bears have found themselves their best DC since Buddy Ryan's historic run of defense dominance (which will NEVER be duplicated by ANY defense ANYwhere at ANytime).
Let's send Willis to the Bears for B Marshall!

Do it Baalke, nao.
This needed its own thread
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Part of me is very sad for him. I really appreciated what he did for the 49ers, but I don't think the guy possess the required defensive genius to make that defense work. There personnel are horrible.
[ Edited by Geeked on Jan 20, 2015 at 8:25 AM ]
Best DC outside of Seattle but I get your point. Good for the Bears though. Now, we shall see if it is true that Fangio can't build a defense.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
The Bears is lucky to have him. I can't believe we still don't have a DC yet, or OC for that matter. I guess I was right, not many decent coaches would like to report to a no-name HC (and that press conference certainly didn't help neither) and such a lousy owner.
[ Edited by Rascal on Jan 20, 2015 at 10:04 AM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Great hire for Da Bears. It will be fun to watch and see if Vic turns their D around. We will truly find out how good he is with less talent.

From what i heard, Vic says he simplifies the Defenses so players don't have to think too much on the field. Translation: my players are dumb so i will make it easy on them
Originally posted by baltien:
Best DC outside of Seattle but I get your point. Good for the Bears though. Now, we shall see if it is true that Fangio can't build a defense.

Good call man!
Man .
Meanwhile, Baalke picking names from a hat in search of new D Coordinator.

Bears got a good one today, we'll see how it works out for them.

The 49ers FO/ownership will reap what they sew, ...hopefully that is only good results on the field, but right now it doesn't look like it will be that way.

They should have treated Vic Fangio with more respect and engendered a positive relationship with him where he'd still want to be here as DC.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Once again, fxxk you, Jed York !!!
Sucks Fangios gone but looking forward to Bowman, Willis and Aldon back for a full season next year. Along with the young guys stepping up Lynch, Borland, Tank.

Defense will be more than fine, its the offense that needs repairing.
Originally posted by Lutch57:
Sucks Fangios gone but looking forward to Bowman, Willis and Aldon back for a full season next year. Along with the young guys stepping up Lynch, Borland, Tank.

Defense will be more than fine, its the offense that needs repairing.

Yeah these guys will dominate like they did prior to 2011, except this time without justin smith and ray mac...
Lets see what this master chef does with lesser ingredients.
Share 49ersWebzone