LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

******* Superbowl XLIX GAMEDAY THREAD ********

Shop 49ers game tickets
I dunno why you guys are worried bout the Seachickens. There is no way they are beating the patriots. It's going to be a ROUT and patriots are gonna smoke them tenfold. I can't wait to watch this game and laugh my ass off when Brady scores 4 or 5 touchdowns while seahawk fans cry like lil b***hes.
  • Jiks
Not gonna watch
/Jiks
Originally posted by trooper49:
Pats will have to finish the game. You have to beat SEA the last 5 minutes of the game, regardless of how well you play the first 55 minutes. We as 49er fans, (painfully) know how hard it is to close out games when we have the lead. SEA won't die, you have to kill them.

dumbest quote ever written LOL

that game was bogus from top to bottom. The Pats are winning,it doesn't even need to be thought about. That's the only thing that's happening
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Belichick has two weeks to scheme for Wilson, I don't think he needs that much. Unless Marshawn Lynch runs wild I don't see them scoring many points. The Pack exposed the middle with the tight end in Seattle. Chancellor won't be able to stuff the box, if he does Gronk goes wild. Brady has too many weapons and the taste of losing two Super Bowls is fresh in his mind. These ain't the Broncos.

Not much to scheme against a team that runs their offense in these priorities:

• Lynch success: check
  • Start read option: check
  • Get the defense to commit to read option and Lynch so we can now throw deep prayers: check

Stop bullet one and SEA is done. If they get the read option going, then that's how they force man coverage and get the big plays.

PATs need to be prepared to play 0 coverage or single safety if they really want to force SEA's hand. Having Revis make this much easier for them to do.
Originally posted by villain71:
I dunno why you guys are worried bout the Seachickens. There is no way they are beating the patriots. It's going to be a ROUT and patriots are gonna smoke them tenfold. I can't wait to watch this game and laugh my ass off when Brady scores 4 or 5 touchdowns while seahawk fans cry like lil b***hes.

they haven't lost by 10 or more in over 40 games. I guarantee if anyone gets whooped its the Pats
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
they haven't lost by 10 or more in over 40 games. I guarantee if anyone gets whooped its the Pats

you will be very wrong
Originally posted by ram29jackson:

you will be very wrong

i hope so. but don't let your hate cloud your intelligence. The seahawks are a great team (albeit a little lucky) and their defense will keep them in it
i hope so. but don't let your hate cloud your intelligence. The seahawks are a great team (albeit a little lucky) and their defense will keep them in it

what hate ? I'm completely impartial. If I knew the Seahawks were winning, I would say so. It has nothing to do with hope.
[ Edited by ram29jackson on Jan 20, 2015 at 11:51 AM ]
Originally posted by trooper49:
Pats will have to finish the game. You have to beat SEA the last 5 minutes of the game, regardless of how well you play the first 55 minutes. We as 49er fans, (painfully) know how hard it is to close out games when we have the lead. SEA won't die, you have to kill them.

kinda seems that way . . .
Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · Jan 19
Most 4th quarter comeback wins thru 3 years in NFL history
1. Russell Wilson - 10
2. Six other QBs - 9

Originally posted by villain71:

not saying it can't happen (any given Sunday and all) but, given recent history, seems a blowout is unlikely for either side . . .
Kenneth Arthur @KennethArthuRS · Jan 19
Current longest active streaks for not losing by double digits is now:
1. @Seahawks 63
2. Patriots 14

an interesting comparison . . .
Serious NFL Tweets. @BestGuyAround · Jan 18
I updated ESPN's graphic with a category they sorta kinda forgot to mention
Damn...it's been 63 games since the Seahawks were beat by double digits ? That's impressive.

As much as I am a 49er fan, and the fact that it sucks they aren't playing in this Super Bowl, I am also a fan of the NFL in general -- in spite of countless gripes I have with the league. I like the history of the Super Bowl and can name every participant, winner and loser, in every one of those games, if not the scores of those games. With that in mind, I hope we will witness the crowning of one dynasty (Patriots) and the stunting of another (Seahawks). It's difficult to be impartial when the current mortal enemy (Seahawks) of the 49ers is playing in this game. We, or more to the point I, have no reason to hate the Patriots, unless they are playing the 49ers in the Super Bowl, whereas the Seahawks, and their mouths, are very easy to hate.

The Seahawks are good, so I will not make a prediction for this game that discounts that fact, but I think the Patriots can beat them, and I hope they will.
I think that Belicheat is a better cheater than Pete Da Cheat.

Go Pats and kick those seachickens A$$$
Pats - 31
Seahawks - 17

Close till about the 3rd quarter and then Boom!
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
kinda seems that way . . .
Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · Jan 19
Most 4th quarter comeback wins thru 3 years in NFL history
1. Russell Wilson - 10
2. Six other QBs - 9

not saying it can't happen (any given Sunday and all) but, given recent history, seems a blowout is unlikely for either side . . .
Kenneth Arthur @KennethArthuRS · Jan 19
Current longest active streaks for not losing by double digits is now:
1. @Seahawks 63
2. Patriots 14

an interesting comparison . . .
Serious NFL Tweets. @BestGuyAround · Jan 18
I updated ESPN's graphic with a category they sorta kinda forgot to mention

Difference is Brady had nowhere near the defenses Russell Wilson has had. Still impressive though.
Originally posted by amosmac28:
Difference is Brady had nowhere near the defenses Russell Wilson has had. Still impressive though.

Brady also must deal with passing into max coverage whereas Wilson gets single safety or zero coverage a lot.
Share 49ersWebzone