LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

******* Superbowl XLIX GAMEDAY THREAD ********

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Fanofthegame:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Just curious...who is the Dark Knight? Is that a nickname I should be aware of? Or just more self-adornment by that team?
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/158346/kam-chancellor-says-hes-batman-the-dark-knight

Seattle strong safety Kam Chancellor on if he's the real Superman, not Carolina's Cam Newton: "He can have it. They call me Batman. I'm the Dark Knight. And I can't change in a phone booth or a closet."

So it IS just more self-adornment. Doesn't it seem like giving yourself a nickname is a sign of desperation?
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Pats 24
Seahawks 21
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by lazy:
Pats 24
Seahawks 21
Hope so. It should be the begining of the end for the seapukes.
Has Wilson played against the Pats yet? I think is great when he plays against one dimensional players which Wilson definitely is.

SEA success is all about Lynch and then going to Read Option when they need a score or TOP.
As much as I don't want the Pats to win due to the Montana/Walsh comparisons, I think this is the first time SEA has played a true smart coach.

• Pats will try and stop Lynch at all costs.
  • Put Revis on an island to lock down their only deep threat, Kearse.
  • Force Wilson do pass 40 times.

Pats 28
SEA 13
With Blount NE can bring a pretty comparable smashmouth running game to that of Seadderal. They have Beastmode, Pats have Bluntforce trauma.
Seahawks will win
This is not even a contest. PATRIOTS will absolutely destroy Seattle like they manhandled the Colts.

Seattle's defense is good but it wouldn't matter because Brady will score 5 touchdowns and it will be a ROUT. And with Thomas & Sherman not 100% its a foregone conclusion.

Seattle's offense LOL is TERRIBLE and Wilson has been exposed bigtime. In this game this overated QB is gonna be nulified and be rendered absolutely useless. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets intercepted three times. This guy if anything has been lucky time and time again. How many times will the Seattle D and Lynch be bailing this dude out. I am guessing Lynch is gonna play decent but it wouldn't matter because I am telling you right now that Seattle is gonna have 4 Turnovers minimum and like 15 penalties.

Meanwhile Patriots will play a near perfect game and this time around Brady is going to shine and DOMINATE. Bellichick is gonna run around wild and think of plays that Caroll can only dream of.

PATRIOTS BY ROUT. 42 SEATTLE 6
  • vaden
  • Veteran
One factor I've not heard mentioned is the crowd potentially being overwhelmingly pro-Seattle, as it was last year in frickin New York. I've never heard anything remotely like that crowd noise before in a SB. Maybe Kraft being so tight with Goodell, they'll find a way to neutralize that and get more Pats fans in.
Seattle early favorite by 2.5
Belichick has two weeks to scheme for Wilson, I don't think he needs that much. Unless Marshawn Lynch runs wild I don't see them scoring many points. The Pack exposed the middle with the tight end in Seattle. Chancellor won't be able to stuff the box, if he does Gronk goes wild. Brady has too many weapons and the taste of losing two Super Bowls is fresh in his mind. These ain't the Broncos.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Pro Bowl is such a joke...

Cincinnati Bengals ‏@Bengals
NEWS: @andydalton14 has been named to Pro Bowl roster
The Pats can't stop the run though. Lynch could break records in this one. That said, I hope the Pats win 126-2.
Seattle 17-14.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Has Wilson played against the Pats yet? I think is great when he plays against one dimensional players which Wilson definitely is.

SEA success is all about Lynch and then going to Read Option when they need a score or TOP.
As much as I don't want the Pats to win due to the Montana/Walsh comparisons, I think this is the first time SEA has played a true smart coach.

• Pats will try and stop Lynch at all costs.
  • Put Revis on an island to lock down their only deep threat, Kearse.
  • Force Wilson do pass 40 times.

Pats 28
SEA 13

yup up in seattle in his rookie year. seattle won. here is the box score

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321014026
Pats will have to finish the game. You have to beat SEA the last 5 minutes of the game, regardless of how well you play the first 55 minutes. We as 49er fans, (painfully) know how hard it is to close out games when we have the lead. SEA won't die, you have to kill them.
Share 49ersWebzone