LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Seattle is the team of the decade

Shop 49ers game tickets
Each decade of the Super Bowl era has had a team of the decade...

60s - Packers
70s - Steelers
80s - 49ers
90s - Cowboys
00s - Patriots
10s - Seahawks

I believe they will win back to back Super Bowls. They would be the first team to do so since the last team of the decade, New England, who they face in the Super Bowl.

Plus all their great players are young (Wilson, Okung, Carpenter, Irvin, Wagner, Wright, Sherman, Thomas). The only big part of the puzzle that's a vet is Lynch. And they can find another RB.

If Kaepernick didn't melt down last year or the Packers didn't this year we could have stopped this. If they do win the Super Bowl this year they could potentially become the greatest NFL team of all time by winning three straight Super Bowls (unprecedented).
Nope I'd say New England still even if they have t won a sb yet or even the niners.
LOL. OP needs some sleep.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Nope I'd say New England still even if they have t won a sb yet or even the niners.

You can't reach team of the decade status without winning a Super Bowl in that decade.
Originally posted by FunkyChicken:

You can't reach team of the decade status without winning a Super Bowl in that decade.

you also cant do it with 2. someone else either gets 2 and you share it with them or they get 3 and are better. 70's cowboys, 80's redskins, 90's bronco's, 2000's steelers are all examples.
I won't even crown them yet, but hey if Seattle can be this decade's Patriots, I'm all for it. They are 1 win away from establishing the base for it.
Originally posted by crabman82:

you also cant do it with 2. someone else either gets 2 and you share it with them or they get 3 and are better. 70's cowboys, 80's redskins, 90's bronco's, 2000's steelers are all examples.

I think Seattle wins 3 this decade. They'll beat the Pats. Then they just have to win one year out of the next five.

If they do beat New England just a heads up the Super Bowl next year is in our house. So if they threepeat it would be in our stadium. So we got that going for us.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by baltien:
LOL. OP needs some sleep.

OP needs some drink.

Well we're already over half way into the decade. I figure we should know by now who the team of the decade is. And we do it's Seattle.
While I'd agree that Seattle is a likely top 5 candidate for "Team of the Decade," there's really no special reward right?
It's just the Lombardi trophies and glory that comes with each one.
They haven't won yet.

This game was in GB's hands. They should all be very dissappiunted with their finish.

SEA should realize they almost took GB for granted. Bradychek won't let them get away with that

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Seattle definitely has the makings to be exactly that. They have established a structure and culture in place from top to bottom, from owner to Pete Carroll to John Schnieder to all the coaching staff and the players. This is an extremely tight organization right now as it stands.

No doubt, Beast Mode will be a question mark, that is why I have mentioned in the Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley threads that I am pretty sure they will take either one of them in the coming draft. Pete is innovative and believes in their offensive philosophy, he has no qualms in playing Wilson as a fully-fledged dual-threat QB that he is. The Seahawks' motto is all about physicality. They will continue to pound the ball and play dominant D. Let's face it, that is a pretty effective formula for success. Just look at the Pats last night, they pounded the ball all night which allowed Tom Brady ample opportunities to make plays in the passing game.

I don't know whether they will win Super Bowl 49 or how many Super Bowls they will end up winning, but what I will say is this, the Seattle Seahawks is a force to be reckoned with going forward. The thing about them is they are consistent, in most part you just know they are going to win somehow before the start of most games. Even if they don't win back-to-back Super Bowls, it is safe to say they will be making pretty regular appearances in the coming Super Bowls.
they're about to lose Lynch, bye bye "team of the decade".
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I won't even crown them yet, but hey if Seattle can be this decade's Patriots, I'm all for it. They are 1 win away from establishing the base for it.

What's the status on Sherman? Looked like he hurt his arm pretty bad.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Well we're already over half way into the decade. I figure we should know by now who the team of the decade is. And we do it's Seattle.

Explain how this makes any sense.

You mean to tell me that if Seattle wins this one, and we win the next two, Indy wins one and then we win one more, Seattle is the team of the decade?

How do you measure a decade using just 5 years? LOL that's like saying you know exactly what the outcome of a football game will be by watching the first two quarters. I don't know if maybe you're young or don't remember but in 1995 nobody "knew" who the team of the 90s was....the 49ers weren't crowned team of the 80s until 8 years into the decade.

You don't become King by winning 2 outta 10...lol
Originally posted by SaksV:

Explain how this makes any sense.

You mean to tell me that if Seattle wins this one, and we win the next two, Indy wins one and then we win one more, Seattle is the team of the decade?

How do you measure a decade using just 5 years? LOL that's like saying you know exactly what the outcome of a football game will be by watching the first two quarters. I don't know if maybe you're young or don't remember but in 1995 nobody "knew" who the team of the 90s was....the 49ers weren't crowned team of the 80s until 8 years into the decade.

You don't become King by winning 2 outta 10...lol

It's called a prediction
Share 49ersWebzone