There are 195 users in the forums

The Patriots deflated footballs Sunday night.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Haha
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Haha
47-7, Dont even think Brady had 200 yds passing. If they deflated the balls they probably got rid of them by the 1st quarter seeing as it was NE's defense that won that game.. if we can even call it a game
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
47-7, Dont even think Brady had 200 yds passing. If they deflated the balls they probably got rid of them by the 1st quarter seeing as it was NE's defense that won that game.. if we can even call it a game

Deflated balls help the running game
Montana offers his opinion on the issue:
I wish I'd known (it could make a difference) because I couldn't throw a wet ball to save my life. Heck, I would've thought about (deflating the ball), sure."

"Our offensive linemen used to spray silicone on their shirts until they got caught. Once you get caught, you get caught. Period. It doesn't take anything away from Tom's game. But how long has he been doing it? I don't know."

"It is one of those things that is a rule, right? It might be a dumb rule, but it doesn't matter. He didn't deflate them himself, but you can pick up the ball and can tell if it is underinflated, overinflated or what you like. Everybody is afraid to say it, but if the guy did it, so what. Just pay up and move on. It's no big deal."
I think that this is a very refreshing view from Montana. Basically he's saying:
  • who cares, it's not a big deal ("doesn't take anything away from Tom's game" ... "if the guy did it, 'so what?' ... 'it's not big deal')
  • he got caught, so he should be punished -- rules are rules (i.e. own up, accept the consequences)
  • I'm not going to act all high and mighty, my teammates bent the rules too ("our OL used silicone spray on their shirts" ... "I would've considered deflating balls if I had the option")

I basically agree with him 100%.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Jun 9, 2015 at 7:52 AM ]

Like I said before, guess you can add 2 more Wilson balls that that patriots deflated.
"I wish I'd known (it could make a difference) because I couldn't throw a wet ball to save my life," Montana told Trib Total Media during a visit to Pittsburgh last weekend. "Heck, I would've thought about (deflating the ball), sure."

Montana said everyone is looking for a competitive advantage.

"Our offensive linemen used to spray silicone on their shirts until they got caught," he said. "Once you get caught, you get caught. Period. It doesn't take anything away from Tom's game. But how long has he been doing it? I don't know.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_28277451/joe-montana-calls-deflategate-controversy-funny
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Jun 9, 2015 at 8:35 AM ]
Originally posted by theduke85:
I wish I'd known (it could make a difference) because I couldn't throw a wet ball to save my life. Heck, I would've thought about (deflating the ball), sure."

"Our offensive linemen used to spray silicone on their shirts until they got caught. Once you get caught, you get caught. Period. It doesn't take anything away from Tom's game. But how long has he been doing it? I don't know."

"It is one of those things that is a rule, right? It might be a dumb rule, but it doesn't matter. He didn't deflate them himself, but you can pick up the ball and can tell if it is underinflated, overinflated or what you like. Everybody is afraid to say it, but if the guy did it, so what. Just pay up and move on. It's no big deal."
I think that this is a very refreshing view from Montana. Basically he's saying:
  • who cares, it's not a big deal ("doesn't take anything away from Tom's game" ... "if the guy did it, 'so what?' ... 'it's not big deal')
  • he got caught, so he should be punished -- rules are rules (i.e. own up, accept the consequences)
  • I'm not going to act all high and mighty, my teammates bent the rules too ("our OL used silicone spray on their shirts" ... "I would've considered deflating balls if I had the option")

Call me dumb, what's silicon help? So the DL cant hold jerseys?

• cciowa
  • Veteran

so do i,, we did silicone, we leg whipped, of course the infamous stickem the wide outs used,, just silly stuff here to me
Originally posted by jeepzilla:

Call me dumb, what's silicon help? So the DL cant hold jerseys?

Yes.
so will we hear about the outcome of the appeal today? would be surprised if they do not reduce his 4 game suspension
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
so will we hear about the outcome of the appeal today? would be surprised if they do not reduce his 4 game suspension

The team has accepted the million buck fine and loss of draft picks. Brady is still trying to clear his name. Somethings not adding up
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:

The team has accepted the million buck fine and loss of draft picks. Brady is still trying to clear his name. Somethings not adding up

Brady is worried about his legacy.

Kraft is protecting the shield. Its hard for an owner to fight a system he helped set up without bashing it....
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 24, 2015 at 11:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone