LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 130 users in the forums

Is the Green Bay vs. Seattle game one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is the Green Bay vs. Seattle game one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Special teams coach Shawn Slocum fired RT @packers: Announcement from #Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy: http://pack.rs/2eq1q
  • dmax
  • Veteran
conservative playcalling was the reason why the dirtbag seacocks won..point plank period
This loss was on Mike McCarthy.....and on hime alone
Originally posted by dmax:
conservative playcalling was the reason why the dirtbag seacocks won..point plank period

That offense got so absurdly conservative in the 2nd half, it was incredible. Also allowing a completion on 3rd and forever because you had nobody rushing the passer pretty much was just downright embarrassing.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That offense got so absurdly conservative in the 2nd half, it was incredible. Also allowing a completion on 3rd and forever because you had nobody rushing the passer pretty much was just downright embarrassing.

Exactly, McCarthy better be happy for the deflate-gate, that overshadowed that complete farce of a coaching job he did in NFC title game
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Special teams coach Shawn Slocum fired RT @packers: Announcement from #Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy: http://pack.rs/2eq1q

The third string TE should be the one getting fired. He epically failed his assignment to block so Jordy Nelson could recover the onside kick.
Yes.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The third string TE should be the one getting fired. He epically failed his assignment to block so Jordy Nelson could recover the onside kick.

McCarthy's such a putz.
It's not as bad the Oilers who I think gave up 2 huge leads in back to back playoff games to the Broncos and Bills
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Exactly, McCarthy better be happy for the deflate-gate, that overshadowed that complete farce of a coaching job he did in NFC title game

McCarthy played scared in their regular season game by not throwing to Sherman's side of the field, and then played scared again by kicking two field goals from the 1 yard line. I wouldn't want him as head coach. No guts whatsoever!
I wonder what Paraag's situational football guide would have called on those 1 yd line plays.

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
kaps meltdowns vs seattle are up there

LOL no they arent. Not even in the same stratosphere as some of the examples listed here.
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
It's not as bad the Oilers who I think gave up 2 huge leads in back to back playoff games to the Broncos and Bills

"one of the biggest meltdowns." Not necessarily THE biggest.

Plus you mist consider this was a championship game. Not a lower level playoff game. The stakes were higher so it's more epic of a collapse than a lower level playoff game in some sense when you consider what was at stake. A trip to the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I wonder what Paraag's situational football guide would have called on those 1 yd line plays.

I'm not sure. In a lot of situations it's probably better to take the sure points. But in a game like this, against a defense like SEA, you don't know how many opportunities you'll have at the 1 yard line. All I know is that when you're playing a bully like SEA, in Seattle, you have to go for the throat and not show any fear.
No matter what round of the playoffs it may be, a trip to the super bowl is still on the line. That game was a huge meltdown, but hey the cawks just lost the super bowl!!
Share 49ersWebzone