LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Is the Green Bay vs. Seattle game one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is the Green Bay vs. Seattle game one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history?

Originally posted by trooper49:
It was a game for the ages. That's for sure. I don't think it was a huge meltdown though. SEA was never down by morethan two scores. It came down to the final 5 minutes and SEA offense made the plays that had to be made and GB offense didnt make the plays when they had to be made.

Yes but you have to admit that there is no way the Packers should have lost this game. They pretty much dominated for 55 minutes.
I feel sorry for Packer fans because we went through tough losses for 3 years in big games. Here's something I did to combat the depression, for the SuperBowl I would cut the game off right before the last throw to Crabtree, likewise last year's loss to the Seahawks before the interception in the end zone.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It was a game for the ages. That's for sure. I don't think it was a huge meltdown though. SEA was never down by morethan two scores. It came down to the final 5 minutes and SEA offense made the plays that had to be made and GB offense didnt make the plays when they had to be made.

Yes but you have to admit that there is no way the Packers should have lost this game. They pretty much dominated for 55 minutes.

I guess this is why they say you gotta play football for 60 minutes. It's like Peyton Manning being the GOAT...of the regular season. I think after they came back from the 21 point deficit against Tampa Bay last year (mind you this was a MUCH better caliber team the Hawks were playing today), as long as there is just SOME possibility of winning the game, I will not give up on this team.

No doubt about it. The Pack had numerous opportunities to close the door but they let SEA hang around.
Packers coaching really f**ked this up imo.

You shouldn't be kicking 18 yard field goals. That's just dumb. We're pretty conservative and even we went for it last year in the NFC Championship on fourth down. And it worked.

In the 4th quarter the Packers might has well have just taken a knee three straight times and punt. That's essentially what they were doing. On multiple drives.

Still they probably win if they just get the onside kick.

Plus the fact that they would have won if that retarded two point conversion hadn't worked. That was one of the luckiest piece of s**t plays I've ever seen.
any team who trades 3's for 7's deserves to lose. even a 12 point lead isnt much because the other team only needs a td and something to happen to get the ball back. then they can take the lead. they also should have never got fooled on the fake fg. it was such a short fg attempt that you're better off protecting more against the fake and stopping a first down than a chance at trying to block it.

A potato post..
.."I don't think it was a huge meltdown"
"Seattle was never down by more than 2 scores"

Biggest biased Seattle can I've seen, in denial. This was in fact one of the biggest meltdowns ever. And yeah Seattle was down 2 tds WITH 2 2 point conversions that are certainly not gimmies.

Gb dominated without going for fourth and a half a yard at the goal line
Without returning an easy int and sliding instead
Without Recovering an easy onside kick to Ice the game
Without stopping a fake fg
Without Rogers healthy which certainly affected his throws and accuracy
And so on and so on
Originally posted by FunkyChicken:
Packers coaching really f**ked this up imo.

You shouldn't be kicking 18 yard field goals. That's just dumb. We're pretty conservative and even we went for it last year in the NFC Championship on fourth down. And it worked.

In the 4th quarter the Packers might has well have just taken a knee three straight times and punt. That's essentially what they were doing. On multiple drives.

Still they probably win if they just get the onside kick.

Plus the fact that they would have won if that retarded two point conversion hadn't worked. That was one of the luckiest piece of s**t plays I've ever seen.

Rediculous play. Just unbelievable. I still can't believe they got that.
The pick n slide was the worst thing I've ever seen, to be honest.
Originally posted by est1985:

A few have pointed to a play in the Patriots/Chargers Divisional game in 2006. Troy Brown ripped the ball out of the hands of Marlon McCree after he had INT'd the ball.

I think Burnett's decision to slide and play it safe shows in a nut shell how the Packers conservatism killed them today.

Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
I really thought they had it won running away 95% of the game. They really had them today. How many times do you go into Seattle and get them to give you 5 turnovers and Russell Wilson has a 0 QB rating in the first half? You absolutely have to win that game. You have to. No questions asked.

I'm embarrassed for the Packers and their fans right now. Last year was bad for us/the 49ers, but today's game trumps last year's by far.

This
Originally posted by est1985:

Yes still too much left in the game you have to get that as deep as you can, obviously another field goal would have won it
On the Sherman INT, Rodgers thought he had a free play.

• vaden
  • Veteran
I feel bad for Bostick. He's becoming the Bartman of this decade. People need to realize this is still just a game, not worth ruining a guy's life and reputation over.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Dum ass Pack shoulda coulda had an early 24-0 lead and dum ass morgan Burnett falling down after his INT with 5:04 left on the clock at his own 45 yard line you dum fck!

Talk about Mr Potato

He could have gotten a lot more yards out of that IMO which would have at least set them up in better field position.

I said the same thing as he kneeled down. I couldn't see a seahawk anywhere near him. His own teammates were pointing to the ground for him to kneel instead of blocking for a return. Not like there was only 2 minutes left in the game and they could have run out the clock. They blew a huge opportunity to embarrass the seahawks in their own stadium. Just furthers the point that you need the killer-instinct throughout the game, regardless of what your lead is.
Share 49ersWebzone