LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Is the Green Bay vs. Seattle game one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is the Green Bay vs. Seattle game one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
kaps meltdowns vs seattle are up there

Yeah that was awful. I just haven't seen many games though with 55+ minutes of complete one sided domination, a ZERO QB rating for the first half for Russell Wilson, 5 turnovers and you still lose.

I mean that is just absurd beyond comprehension. I can't even wrap my mind around it.

i still cant believe that DB for the packers slid after the INT with 5 frickin minutes left in the game
kaps meltdowns vs seattle are up there

Yeah that was awful. I just haven't seen many games though with 55+ minutes of complete one sided domination, a ZERO QB rating for the first half for Russell Wilson, 5 turnovers and you still lose.

I mean that is just absurd beyond comprehension. I can't even wrap my mind around it.

i still cant believe that DB for the packers slid after the INT with 5 frickin minutes left in the game

I think he could have gotten a lot more yards out of that. There was only one big 300 lb. linemen near him. He could certainly burn that guy. I think he could have run for a while on that one.
Wasnt The Bills Comback vs the Oilers worse... Oilers were up 35-3 at half time.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Wasnt The Bills Comback vs the Oilers worse... Oilers were up 35-3 at half time.

I don't think that was a Championship game though was it?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Given this was for a SB berth and the Packers DB slid on a potential Pick 6 with 5 mins left...I'd say this has gotta be top 2 or 3. Then right after the slide the Packers run three straight times and get creamed. An onside kick then bounces right off a players chest. A lot of improbable things happened in a short period of time. seattle scored 15 points in 44 seconds at the end of regulation in a title game. Kinda ridiculous.

4 turnovers, a 0 rating for half the game and they still managed to score 28 points. Sorry, a team that can do that won't lose.
I don't think that was a Championship game though was it?

Dont think it was.
Originally posted by Antix:
Given this was for a SB berth and the Packers DB slid on a potential Pick 6 with 5 mins left...I'd say this has gotta be top 2 or 3. Then right after the slide the Packers run three straight times and get creamed. An onside kick then bounces right off a players chest. A lot of improbable things happened in a short period of time. seattle scored 15 points in 44 seconds at the end of regulation in a title game. Kinda ridiculous.

4 turnovers, a 0 rating for half the game and they still managed to score 28 points. Sorry, a team that can do that won't lose.
I was telling my brother this.. What is he doing take it back to at least the 50. Run the ball if they get stoped the punt to the Seattles 20 or 30 and the shehawks will have to pass every down pretty much..
I missed the game today, but I understand what happened. But this was not even close to the worst playoff meltdown of all time. Oilers Bills Playoff game a coupel of decades ago. Oilers up 35-3 in the 3rd and lost to a Frank Reich comeback
This was bad. 19-7 with like 4 mins left
Originally posted by sanjo49er:

Waaay worse. Watched this game live on tv, and GB's meltdown wasnt close. The game was considered over at halftime and mf's on the Oilers were celebratin. To top it off, A BACKUP QB brought the Bills back. This game is nicknamed "The Choke" and remembered forever, todays game will be forgotten next year lol.

Because of what was on the line, GB's meltdown puts it up damn high on the list. I have to agree with that notion, but biggest meltdown?? Hard to top 38 points scored in less than a half to win. Dudes lost jobs over that lol.
Never thought I'd see the day when all of us rooted for the Packers. I hated them so much in the Favre days but the seahawks hate is sooooo strong.
Originally posted by beatintina49:
Never thought I'd see the day when all of us rooted for the Packers. I hated them so much in the Favre days but the seahawks hate is sooooo strong.

Exactly, same here. Shoe is on other foot. We have owned them of late
It was a game for the ages. That's for sure. I don't think it was a huge meltdown though. SEA was never down by morethan two scores. It came down to the final 5 minutes and SEA offense made the plays that had to be made and GB offense didnt make the plays when they had to be made.
The Pack took their foot off the gas and the Seahawks went right by.
Share 49ersWebzone