Originally posted by Antix:
Granted, the DB shoulda kept running and possibly scored, but GB ran 3 straight times afterward which they had not done all game. That's some Harbaugh/Roman s**t. They shoulda kept the same gameplan and tried to score one more time, even a FG woulda been good. But a 12 point lead isn't a "let's go into clock killing mode" lead...not with 5 minutes left in the game.

have you read my post at all ? again, the three runs youre reffering to :
GB ran once and was facing a 2nd and 14 and after another run 3rd and 16

killing the clock mode is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT DECISION in this situation. you kill the clock, run the ball, punt the ball play field position and you're up 2 possessions with less than 4 minutes left. instead of trying to pass the ball on 3rd and long risking an incompletion or a turnover like, say, favre did against the saints 5 years ago

I'm effing convinced people either play too much madden or too caught up in the 'league is passing league' bs. because I do it 10 out of 10 times and 5 times on sunday. hell, in fact Id run the ball all 6 times on last two GB drives in that situation.

the 'play not to lose' cliche is old, tired and dumb. the game is 99.99% over barring two extremely quick seattle TDs AND recovered onside kick. the probability of which was so miniscule it never even made sense to think about.