LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Mike McCarthy

Shop 49ers game tickets
Yorks already let him go , and kept Molan instead
Yeah because they'll fire the new head coach a few days in and hire a new coach.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

They couldn't have stopped him from going. Was there ever a worse offense than the 1 year he was here?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Should be fired
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

They couldn't have stopped him from going. Was there ever a worse offense than the 1 year he was here?

I think we set the record as the worst of all time.

But the Packers knew he was tarnished by the Yorks
Originally posted by Antix:
GB went full 49ers at the end.

This
The Pack needed to make ONE play to get the W. Seattle needed 7 or 8 plays to win. The loss is on the coach. And finally, the Kyle Williams award goes to..............
I posted this in a wrong thread, but still:

can someone explain why people crap on mike mccarthy on last few drives ?

seattle got ball back with less than 4 minutes and trailing by 12 pts and I think two TOs left. they had to score extremely quickly (considering that the pass offense was shutdown before a daunting task), had to convert an onside kick, AND SCORE AGAIN.

that looked like an absolutely impossible task seattle pulled out of their a$$ to win. it was absolutely right decision by GB not to throw the ball on 3rd and long and run it, as well as the clock

if anything packers shouldve been MORE conservative

9 out of 10 coaches make those calls in the end. and the ones who don't end up losing the game on a potential pick like vikings did against NO 5 years ago
McCarthy is overrated. Not only did he luck into Aaron Rodgers but he lucked into having A-Rod being able to learn behind one of the all-time greats.

Can't ask for a better start for a young QB.

Minus Rodgers, Green Bay isn't even worth talking about. Their defense is garbage and despite all the graduate level research they put into "stopping" the read-option, they're still utterly powerless against it.
[ Edited by baltien on Jan 18, 2015 at 6:53 PM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The Pack needed to make ONE play to get the W. Seattle needed 7 or 8 plays to win. The loss is on the coach. And finally, the Kyle Williams award goes to..............

so the receiver having ball go through his hands and not recovering a crucial onside kick (equivalent to a turnover and great field position) is mccarthys fault ? defense making stops after stops after stops collapsing and allowing two VERY quick scores is mccarthys fault ?

or which play are you talking about ? maybe the packers shouldve thrown the ball on 2nd and 14 or 3rd and 16 with 5 minutes left ? because you cannot possibly be talking about that. no coach sane enough makes that call with two possession game and clock down to ~5 minutes against offense that has been unable to get anything done in pass game.

Originally posted by the_dynasty:
so the receiver having ball go through his hands and not recovering a crucial onside kick (equivalent to a turnover and great field position) is mccarthys fault ? defense making stops after stops after stops collapsing and allowing two VERY quick scores is mccarthys fault ?

or which play are you talking about ? maybe the packers shouldve thrown the ball on 2nd and 14 or 3rd and 16 with 5 minutes left ? because you cannot possibly be talking about that. no coach sane enough makes that call with two possession game and clock down to ~5 minutes against offense that has been unable to get anything done in pass game.

The point I'm making is all they needed was one play regardless of what it was to win the game. The Seahawks on the hand needed multiple plays to win the game.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

I think GB shoulda tried harder to actually score after the 4th INT. Granted, the DB shoulda kept running and possibly scored, but GB ran 3 straight times afterward which they had not done all game. That's some Harbaugh/Roman s**t. They shoulda kept the same gameplan and tried to score one more time, even a FG woulda been good. But a 12 point lead isn't a "let's go into clock killing mode" lead...not with 5 minutes left in the game.

I wouldn't say this loss is on McCarthy by any stretch, but he got conservative at the end just enough to lose the game.
GB choked. f**k McCarthy. I actually despise him more than Harbaugh but I kove Rodgers.
  • Jiks
McCarthy went the same bonedheadness that Roman used to. No thanks
Originally posted by Joecool:
GB choked. f**k McCarthy. I actually despise him more than Harbaugh but I kove Rodgers.

He choked twice. They had a chance to beat Seattle earlier this year and gave up on the uptempo offense to play chuck-a-duck the second half. I agree with what someone said upthread.....he's just like Greg Roman.

Too busy overthinking his next move and not paying close enough attention to what's working.
[ Edited by baltien on Jan 18, 2015 at 10:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone