Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Dude, stop getting so technical -- you know what we're inferring to.

Anyway all I'm telling the OP (and you too I guess) is that you look like this when you daydream about the past and discredit others.

49er fan: f**k you Seahawks for your success last year and now this year. f**k you and you'll never achieve the greatness the 49ers have accomplished back in the 80's.

There is nothing "technical" about this. One can appreciate the historical greatness of the 49er franchise and, at the same time, appreciate the accomplishments of the current Seahawks. The Seahawks are the better team right now, IMO. But, over the course of modern NFL history, the 49er franchise is more successful. There shouldn't be any argument about this.

Niners are 5-1 in championship games and the Seahawks are 1-1. Those are the facts. Time doesn't change those facts. There is a hierarchy of franchise success in the NFL and the Niners are up near the top. IMO, there is nothing wrong with being proud of that and nothing wrong with bringing it up if someone says "your team sucks" or whatever.

Obviously though, the most important thing is what happens in the future. I'm sure we agree on that.