LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Who do YOU think was the GREATEST/MOST DOMINANT SINGLE-SEASON TEAM in NFL History?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
1984 49ers
Originally posted by SofaKing:
1989 49ers.

Dominant on both sides of the ball. Best QB, WR, and DB in the history of the game.

The playoff run really seals the deal for me. They won by scores of 41-13, 30-3, and 55-10. They hit their stride for that stretch run, and holy hell it was the most dominant team ever.

This my vote as well. However I always fight between them and the '84 squad. '84 team shutout what would become the '85 bears and killed a 14-2 team in the SB, who was the team a year later to give that '85 bears their only loss.

However, what the '89 niners did in the playoffs is the most impressive football I've even seen. Plus '89 had Jerry, '84 didn't
Originally posted by Sourball:
Boy.Defensively? I'd say 85 Bears.
Offensively? 89 Niners
Complete team ? 84 Niners without a doubt

This
I've always felt the 94 team doesn't get enough credit. Outside the loss to the Eagles, they cruised to a super bowl win.
I'd have to say 1985 Bears...they steamrolled everybody on their way to winning the title.
Originally posted by BuddyRyans46:
  • 1966 Green Bay Packers
  • 1972 Miami Dolphins
  • 1975 Steel Curtain Steelers
  • 1984 49ers
  • 1985 Chicago Bears
  • 1989 49ers

Personally, I would go with the 1985 Chicago Bears, since they were the most destructive force which the world has seen since the Wehrmacht was rampaging their way across Eurasia, circa 1941. Who would you guys select?

I think your a lil bias
Originally posted by judodono:
I've always felt the 94 team doesn't get enough credit. Outside the loss to the Eagles, they cruised to a super bowl win.

I feel the same way. Just an odd ball stat, the 1994 team was 15-1 in the throws (only loss was when taking everyone out in last game vs Minnesota). The niners outscored the opponents 567-289. I think that the '94 teams gets down graded by rankings because they lost 3 games and had that terrible game vs philly.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
entire 2013 NFL officiating crew

LOL.
Originally posted by Niners816:
This my vote as well. However I always fight between them and the '84 squad. '84 team shutout what would become the '85 bears and killed a 14-2 team in the SB, who was the team a year later to give that '85 bears their only loss.

However, what the '89 niners did in the playoffs is the most impressive football I've even seen. Plus '89 had Jerry, '84 didn't

the Dolphins gave them their only loss. Your point?
Originally posted by facestabber:

the Dolphins gave them their only loss. Your point?

Just an observation, the '84 niners shutout what became the '85 bears and killed a better version of a team that gave that bears team it's only loss. However, in almost every ranking the '85 bears are rated higher that the '84 49ers.

Just an observation, the '84 niners shutout what became the '85 bears and killed a better version of a team that gave that bears team it's only loss. However, in almost every ranking the '85 bears are rated higher that the '84 49ers.

Ok I misunderstood you. Thought you were implying the 49ers gave the Bears their only loss
1776 patriots
Who was the greatest or most dominate? It's not the same thing. You could be the greatest team but there are other very good teams...or you could be a really good team but everyone else is trash.

I will say this..the 84 9ers destroyed the 84 bears. The 85 bears beat the 85 9ers who were just not playing on the same level as the previous season. (9ers were 2nd in the division and 10-6 after having gone 15-1 the previous season)
Originally posted by facestabber:

Ok I misunderstood you. Thought you were implying the 49ers gave the Bears their only loss

That would be Miami...exposing the one weakness of the defensive scheme.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I remember after the 49er annihilated the Denver Broncos for the SB John Madden and Pat Summerall were both saying that the 49ers may be the best team ever.

Oh Yeah!

And who was the OC who put that INCREDIBLE GAME PLAN TOGETHER?

Maybe, just maybe lightning can strike twice??
Share 49ersWebzone