LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Are the Colts the best chance left to beat Seattle?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by IT21:
huh? Boldin, Crabtree, Johnson >>>> baldwin, kearse and whoever else they have

You are wrong. Seattles wrs when there are broken plays a lot of times go deep and catch a deep pass for a big game whereas one of the only times a Niner wr has done that was Crabtree against 4th and 10 against the saints. And that play was ridiculous of kap. Just great. The sf wrs can't get seperation like seattles wrs although they may be viewed as better wrs
Originally posted by elguapo:
huh? Boldin, Crabtree, Johnson >>>> baldwin, kearse and whoever else they have

You are wrong. Seattles wrs when there are broken plays a lot of times go deep and catch a deep pass for a big game whereas one of the only times a Niner wr has done that was Crabtree against 4th and 10 against the saints. And that play was ridiculous of kap. Just great. The sf wrs can't get seperation like seattles wrs although they may be viewed as better wrs

I think that's due to Russell Wilsons game not his receivers. Wilson keeps his eyes up, looking for receivers when he scrambles. Kap immediately looks to run down the field after his first read isn't there instead. That's why Kap had runs like the 80 yard TD run he had this year.

Running around for a long ass time while your qb is making passrushers miss isn't a unique talent. That's the job of every wide receiver. Wilson just looks down the field while scrambling more than Kap does
[ Edited by IT21 on Jan 17, 2015 at 3:26 PM ]
I think that's due to Russell Wilsons game not his receivers. Wilson keeps his eyes up, looking for receivers when he scrambles. Kap immediately looks to run down the field after his first read isn't there instead. That's why Kap had runs like the 80 yard TD run he had this year.

Running around for a long ass time while your qb is making passrushers miss isn't a unique talent. That's the job of every wide receiver. Wilson just looks down the field while scrambling more than Kap does

It has been stated by SEA on numerous occasions that SEA practices and emphasizes the scramble drill in order to be the best in the NFL at it. That is just great coaching!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
It has been stated by SEA on numerous occasions that SEA practices and emphasizes the scramble drill in order to be the best in the NFL at it. That is just great coaching!

Smart coaching, playing to Russell wilson's abilities.

You didn't read. Seattle wrs go downfield quite a bit on broken plays. SF wrs do not as much. They are slower and kap actually can extend plays even longer than Wilson. Kap is even harder to bring down. So it not a question of Wilson's playmaking ability over kaps bc I would say kap is faster and harder to bring down and keep the play alive as long or longer than Wilson.

When SF wrs don't get seperation and are slower than seattles that is a personnel issue as well as coaching a bit like a poster mentioned earlier bc they practice it quite a bit
Originally posted by elguapo:
Blocked fgs aren't luck....
playing a Niner team when they are tearing your defense at Seattle WITHOUT Willis bowman a Davis Kilgore then gore and Hyde along with Brock cully and a few others
Playing the rams with a backup qb while they were doing great against Seattle at Seattle, that's lucky
Playing Arizona twice without Palmer when they beat you last time with Palmer despite him throwing ints.
Playing rogers as a gimpy qb in the playoffs when he is certainly capable of beating Seattle (love the fail Mary)
Shall I keep going????

It's a once a season play typically.

The rest makes no sense. You're just saying what our division was. Like every other team doesn't deal with the same. I'm talking about the match up and it doesn't bode well for Indy despite the win in 2013. Seattle ran the ball for 200 yards against them and there's nothing about Indy that will suggest that will go any different. If you think they can pass them on for the win well you live by the sword you die by the sword. Luck will turn the ball over which didn't happen last time but we all know Luck can be baited into picks.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 17, 2015 at 4:32 PM ]

You hit the nail on the head.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

You hit the nail on the head.

No. They have a QB who can read the field, go through progressions and throw with deadly pin point accuracy.

We have a QB who works on his biceps and gets more arm tattoos in the offseason. Wilson would do the same for us that he does for Seattle.

Anyway the Colts have a great chance to beat Seattle. They got T.Y. Hilton and Andrew Luck. The Hawks got no answers for that....

Yes 100%.
The Colts can beat Seattle. T.Y. Hilton and Andrew Luck scare Richard Sherman.....

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yes 100%.

Yet Russell Wilson had more runs for far more yards than Colin Kaepernick. Wilson is just as much of a runner as Kaep is. I buy Seattle practicing that scramble drill much more. They have perfected it. Kaep also got pressure in his face almost at the snap of the ball far too often.

On the subject of the Colts, I honestly think they have next to no chance. But I'm open to a surprise .
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

On the subject of the Colts, I honestly think they have next to no chance. But I'm open to a surprise .

They owned them the last time they played right? T.Y. Hilton and Andrew Luck can't be stopped. You can't even slow them down. Even Richard Sherman has nightmares about them.....

They owned them the last time they played right? T.Y. Hilton and Andrew Luck can't be stopped. You can't even slow them down. Even Richard Sherman has nightmares about them.....

You're right. They DO have the receivers to match those guys. I totally forgot about that. I was just focused on the fact that the Colts are ridiculously one-dimensional. I'd love for Indy to jump on them by a few scores and eliminate the threat of Lynch running. Force Russell Wilson to truly beat them.

You're right. They DO have the receivers to match those guys. I totally forgot about that. I was just focused on the fact that the Colts are ridiculously one-dimensional. I'd love for Indy to jump on them by a few scores and eliminate the threat of Lynch running. Force Russell Wilson to truly beat them.

I think they are the best chance left to beat them. Aaron Rodgers is really hobbled and limping into this game. I give them very little chance. I don't trust the New England defense against Seattle at all. I do like the match up problems the Colts have proven to present to the Seahawks and Richard Sherman and that defense and the vaunted secondary. They may have the speed and throwing accuracy to get it done.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Green Bay is beating them tomorrow
Share 49ersWebzone