There are 165 users in the forums

Terrance Knighton

Shop 49ers game tickets
I didn't know whether to put this in the FA thread or here, hasn't resigned with the Broncos yet but it seems like they want him back.
Thats what I thought until I read this, http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-01-14/terrance-knighton-fined-amount-weight-issues-denver-broncos-defensive-tackle-fat-stats-career

Apparently the Broncos are fining him $300,000 for showing up overweight. I don't know about you, but the last thing I'm doing to a FA to be that I want to keep is fining him a pretty substantial amount.
The 27 year old 350lb DT has yet to make a decision on where he is going next year. If we change to a 4-3 and cowboy leaves I'm thinking Knighton could do some serious damage on the line.
Plus, he would come cheap, he was only a 4.5 mil cap hit last year.

Thoughts?
he's awesome but he wants to play for Del Rio

last I checked, Oakland hasn't stopped the run in forever so I imagine he would be a pretty good fit for them
I wanted this guy back in 2013 when he was a free agent out of Jacksonville. I figured he would be a low cost signing, but we ended up getting Glen Dorsey instead. I still wouldn't mind taking Knighton, but the only problem is, that leaves us pretty weak in terms of pass rush, unless we plan to blitz our linebackers more. If that's the case, move Dorsey over to DE, and have Knighton and Ian Williams man the middle, with Justin Smith (if he returns) as the other DE and Tank Carradine. It's a pretty formidable lineup when facing teams like Seattle that can pound the rock.
I'd have to agree he's more likely to play for Del Rio in Oakland...I believe they should have the cap space to offer him more than Denver will, especially if Peyton comes back. Lots of questions regarding Broncs...but I do think hiring Kubiak as their next HC is a good move.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd have to agree he's more likely to play for Del Rio in Oakland...I believe they should have the cap space to offer him more than Denver will, especially if Peyton comes back. Lots of questions regarding Broncs...but I do think hiring Kubiak as their next HC is a good move.

The Oakland Raiders with Terrance Knighton and Leonard Williams. Ouch.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

And Mack. Crazy.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

And Mack. Crazy.

I forgot about that. Honestly, if I'm Oakland, I make the move for Williams in case they think Atlanta might take him (Atlanta is ahead of them correct?).
Share 49ersWebzone