There are 153 users in the forums

******* Divisional Playoffs GameDay Thread ********

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
I'm sorry he went with momentum. Nothing there screamed football move, and when he hit the ground it came loose. It has been called like that for a while. Letter to the law it was incomplete, how would they change the rule? Ground can't cause an incompletion like a fumble?

I've watched plenty of DAL games and Dez always makes that play where he catches it and tries to extend the ball. You can see him making the attempt to reach the pylon. Even upon review he was signalling TD. He was trying to extend. You can't definitively look at that replay then tell Dez he was lying about trying to extend and then overturn the call on the field without some doubt. The play should have stood as a catch. Down by contact short of the goal line. Dude was robbed but he should have been less ambitious. He will be next time though. Players should make plays not the officials!
dez should have made some plays in the game leading up to that call,., and dallas f**ked up by letting rodgers set back there with all of the time in the world,, kind of like what we did in the super bowl
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/12/nfl-rulebook-dez-bryant-catch-replay-reversal/
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
well, hopefully the packers beat the seahawks. They'll be playing in seattle, so that will be an interesting game. I don't think the packers win, I think seattle will do what it did to them in the first game of the season, and I think they'll roll on to SB 49 and face the colts.

Well we can all see Week 1 games are a fluke and have no influence on how any teams season goes. As much as I DON"T want Seattle to repeat there is no way GB is going to beat Seattle, especially with Rogers playing on one foot. I think the only team that has a slight chance is NE only because of Brady and their running game. Also because the SB isn't being played at C-Link.

Now that I think about it, hasn't Luck beaten the Hawks? I think that game was at Indy.

I actually think Colts have a better chance against SEA. But they match up poorly against NE because of their poor pass defense. Brady will probably get his 400yds. NE has no chance against SEA because NE has absolutely no run game. Their total yards on the ground yesterday was 14yds. Brady will get pounded in Seattle since they can't run at all. Colts are a better match but I don't think they'll get there.
Originally posted by captveg:
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/12/nfl-rulebook-dez-bryant-catch-replay-reversal/

Bedard said just what I've been saying. Thanks for that posting. Let the players make plays and not the officials. Let everyone debating the call read this article
Share 49ersWebzone