LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

With 8 teams left, what Superbowl do you want?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Originally posted by crabman82:
i'm surprised so many would rather see seattle win than dallas. i get the dallas hate, i'm no fan of them either, but the rivalry is and has been dead for 20 years. i can handle them getting a 6th. seeing a divisional rival and new most hated team among our fan base win back to back titles? no thanks. all we would hear is 2 things, are they the greatest team of all time? and can they go for the 3 peat?

I totaly agree with you. Can you imagine the s**t talking if they repeat? My god
But the hate for Jerry is very strong with a lot of us older 49er fans. Me included. But cheatattle is #1 on my "hate" list.

yeah i dont like dallas at all either. i remember all of those nfc title games in the 90's. still bitter about it a bit. but i'm not rooting for seattle over dallas just cus of fear of dallas getting #6. i rooted for pittsburgh to get #5 AND #6 to avoid nfc west teams winning the super bowl. its not a huge deal to me to be 2nd or 3rd in total super bowls won. it is a big deal to me to see divisional rivals catching up. i could handle 1 seattle sb win, but if they get 2 then they're gaining on us and have a qb with 2 sb's in 3 years and another 10+ ahead of him in the same division. if dallas gets 6 to me its like oh alright now we got some work to do to go and catch them.
For the sake of superbowl count:
1. NO Cowboys
2. NO Packers
(Steelers already out, woohoo!)

For the sake of novel rivalry:
3. NO Seahawks

For the sake of Montana's Unequivocal greatness:
4. NO Patriots (Imagine Brady losing a 3rd superbowl!)

Everything else is the lesser of 8 evils.
i'm surprised so many would rather see seattle win than dallas. i get the dallas hate, i'm no fan of them either, but the rivalry is and has been dead for 20 years. i can handle them getting a 6th. seeing a divisional rival and new most hated team among our fan base win back to back titles? no thanks. all we would hear is 2 things, are they the greatest team of all time? and can they go for the 3 peat?

You're exactly right. There is no comparison. The arrogance of the Seahawk nation dwarfs that of Dallas. If they win another one, they will be motivated beyond belief to 3 peat and call them selves the greatest team of all time. And if they accomplish that it will be beyond unbearable for years and years and years.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
1. NO Cowboys
2. NO Packers

3. NO Seahawks

should also root against manning. if he won that would be 2 sb's and a record of 2-2 in the big game, BUT that still wouldnt stop people from calling him the GOAT.
1. NO Cowboys
2. NO Packers

3. NO Seahawks

should also root against manning. if he won that would be 2 sb's and a record of 2-2 in the big game, BUT that still wouldnt stop people from calling him the GOAT.

True, there's nothing better than to refer Peyton Manning as "Eli's Brother" lol
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by trooper49:

You're exactly right. There is no comparison. The arrogance of the Seahawk nation dwarfs that of Dallas. If they win another one, they will be motivated beyond belief to 3 peat and call them selves the greatest team of all time. And if they accomplish that it will be beyond unbearable for years and years and years.
That would be an absolute nightmare.
To answer the direct question, I would like to see the Patriots or the Broncos defeat the Seahawks.

I, like many other 49ers fans, can't stand the Seahawks. I recognize and respect that they are a good team -- I just don't like them.

That being said, at this point I find it difficult to believe that any remaining team in the NFC will beat the Seahawks to prevent them from getting back to the SB.

Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

The only scenario I could see being okay with a Seahawks SB win is if they beat the Ravens in the process, even then that would be a tough pill to swallow.

I always like SB (organizational) rematches and we have some potential for that to happen:

Seahawks/Broncos (SB 48)
Panthers/Patriots (SB 38)
Packers/Broncos (SB 32)
Packers/Patriots (SB 31)
Cowboys/Broncos (SB 12)
Cowboys/Colts (SB V)
1. NO Cowboys
2. NO Packers

3. NO Seahawks

You and Me Think alike!!! I am rooting so Hard against the Cowgirls/Packers/Patriots/Seachickens. Anyone else I wont mind but please Football Gods don't do this to us after the season You Gave us Football Gods!!
1. NO Cowboys
2. NO Packers

3. NO Seahawks

So Panthers vs Ravens/Colts it is!
Colts vs. Panthers...and given that Panthers getting there is just about impossible, then I guess the Cowboys.

But in ANY scenario, it's with the Colts winning.

If the Seahawks win it this year. Exactly .00000000146873 seconds after the game ends, the Seahawk 3-peat chant will begin.
ABSS. Let's not forget that the the minute they got good they started talking like they were the Yankees or the Lakers and calling us out when we weren't even thinking about them. Have we forgotten the fly over banner at the Stick? The billboards? Last year's SB is the first in the state of Washington for anything...or did the defunct Sonics win one once? "Act like you've been there before" definitely not in their vocabulary. They seriously need to eat that humble pie.
So YES, I'd rather have Dallas win. At least they have history.
it will be Denver vs Dallas
Anyone but Seattle or Dallas vs whoever. I just don't want the Seahawks or Cowboys to win.
Originally posted by niners9:
Anyone but Seattle or Dallas vs whoever. I just don't want the Seahawks or Cowboys to win.

what about gb, you comfy with them gaining a 5th sb?
Share 49ersWebzone