LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

Trent Richardson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Now this is purely speculation and offseason fodder talk.

I have no idea what is wrong with this guy and he very well could find his way out of the NFL in about 2 years but he clearly isnt in any plans for the Colts going forward. Im not trying to say we should pick up everybodies crap but ye did have a good rookie year and he is young and used to be a bull. Would you want him on the cheap and hopefully some insight.

I dont think we should change our draft or FA philosophy but for a 5th or later i think we should bring him into camp and see if steel can sharpen steel once again.

He is only 24 and has clocked a 4.45 at 225
Sure why not...but I have a feeling another team will give him more money than we'd offer to hope he can be a top 5 pick type player and not the 2.0 YPC guy Indy traded for.
LoL move this crap to NFL talk
no. why would you bring him in when you can have gore hunter and hyde?
so he can be 4th string again?
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

So you dont think we are bringing in another RB next year. In reality we only have Hunter and Hyde signed until something happens with Gore. Personally i think Gore will be back but who knows
Originally posted by teylo31:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

So you dont think we are bringing in another RB next year. In reality we only have Hunter and Hyde signed until something happens with Gore. Personally i think Gore will be back but who knows

draft a running back why give up a 5th round pick for someone who so far has proven to be useless?
  • REB4
The only way I see Trent contributing here is if Mike Shanahan comes in as a HC. Shanahan's blocking scheme uses one cut RBs and that's probably all Trent can do. Shanahan in Denver could plug in Joe s**te the Ragman off the street and make him a 1,000 yard runner. He did it again in Washington with Morris. We have the wrong OLine for that but almost any other HC that comes in will have to overhaul the line anyways to pass block. I'm sure Shanahan can make it work somehow though.
[ Edited by REB4 on Jan 5, 2015 at 8:25 PM ]
BUST
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Yeah lets go ahead and spend our limited cap space on a RB, since that's obviously a weakness
This guy has fallen off probably more than any player in recent memory. He is historically bad and keeps getting worse. Now you want to spend a pick on a bust who's probably going to be living on the streets in a year. You're out of your mind. f**king Kevin Barlow could probably suit up tomorrow and be more productive lol

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
LoL move this crap to NFL talk

This
  • thl408
The couple times I saw him play as a Colt, he dances too much and can't anticipate holes becoming open. Tackled for loss.
Stiff
He's a bust. Let someone else deal with that baggage.
well IF we do get shanahan, he is known to make running backs look good so maybe we can resurrect his career?
Share 49ersWebzone