Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Muggins:
True but he is missing some huge weapons

One TD pass through 4 playoffs starts.

Folks kill Kap for being inconsistent but Dalton gets a bye. He had similar numbers as Kap through the regular season with one of the best WR's in the game. I'll take Colin over Andy any given day.

Could not agree more.

But then I would take Luck over ANY of them...I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB make more good throws in a collapsing pocket with defenders draped all over him. Longshot but I hope Colts win the SB.

I've lost count of how many throws I've seen him make right before getting hit by a defender. He keeps his eyes down the field and does not flinch.
Andrew Luck is by far my favorite QB to watch...barring injury, dude is a guaranteed HOF QB!
Originally posted by baltien:
It was PI, plain and simple.

I see Cowboys fans posting everywhere saying the receiver had the defender's face mask so that's why the flag was picked up. Which is wrong because by rule, it's only a penalty if a player grabs the face mask AND tugs or turns it; neither of which happened on that play. It looks to me like Pettigrew is going for a stiff-arm and his fingers got caught in the defender's mask which is a fairly common occurrence. And even he once he released his grip the defender still made no attempt whatsoever to play the ball. I think the Lions have a legitimate grievance here because nine (.99) times out of ten that is PI and we all know it.

"But it's the playoffs" holds no water in my mind because if it's against the rules it should always be called. Not just when the league feels like they don't want to ruin the excitement for anyone. I don't know where this trend of ignoring blatant penalties during playoff games came from but I find it rather troubling. Though, the irony here is that of the NFL is suddenly going to turn a blind eye to "defense" being played this way then Seattle is all but assured a repeat.

I'm sure Byron Maxwell (the King of face guarding) was absolutely overjoyed to see that.

https://vine.co/v/OdD5hWMBK2q

theres enough of a tug there to get a call, infact we've all seen that called a face mask in other games. just as we've seen that PI been called in other games. and going for a stiff arm while running a route before the ball arrives? not sure why he would do that unless he wants his own PI.
Looks like Ron Rivera won the game, but he lost part of his house:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12122108/firefighters-battle-blaze-home-carolina-panthers-coach-ron-rivera

Thank God everyone was ok. But Rivera barely escaped with his life (and his motorcycle) as you can see in this footage:

Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by Baldie:
I think the key to stopping Seattle is stopping Lynch. If you can make them one dimensional, they won't have the offense to score alot of points. GB and/or Dallas has a chance against Seattle because they both have running games and a passing game.

No offense, but that's kind of a weak assessment given pretty much all offenses shut down as soon as they become one-dimensional. Hell that's how Seattle's defense (when it's clicking) wins, shut down your run game, force you to throw into the 3/4 all-pro Secondary. I mean if you listen to the "experts" all the teams that are traditionally passing teams suddenly become legit contenders BECAUSE the running game suddenly shows up. Perfect example Dallas, which is why Demarco Murray is in the MVP running. If Dallas heads into a game and the run game for them is shutdown and the game is put entirely on Romo's arm, well then you probably end up with 8-8 Cowboys not 12-4 Cowboys. Now I do agree, Seattle definitely needs Lynch and the run game more than Dallas needs Murray and GB needs Lacy. But again both those teams suddenly became SB contenders because they developed their run game. Seattle's pass game admittedly is not that good, but if the run game starts going, suddenly it opens up and RW is making big throws to his "pedestrian" receivers.

I think Dallas has a better chance against Seattle than GB because well, they obviously did it earlier this season. Although I do think Carolina has a good shot because good defenses and mobile QBs tend to keep tight games against Seattle, and if the game is tied with only a few minutes left in the 4th, it's any team's game at that point.

Apologies if I appear heated, I just get frustrated with the whole "take away Lynch and Seattle sucks" assessments. Because well you could say that about all teams that have a strong running game. You take away Murray is Dallas 12-4? take away Gore last year was SF in the NFCCG? take away Lacy and I don't think GB is the #2 seed either.

Lynch makes your team look way better than it really is. That's why you hear this a lot: stop lynch, quiet seattle's one successful sports franchise.

Lynch retires or leaves? No more sports in Seattle (unless America pretends to give a f**k about domestic soccer lol).
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by baltien:
It was PI, plain and simple.

I see Cowboys fans posting everywhere saying the receiver had the defender's face mask so that's why the flag was picked up. Which is wrong because by rule, it's only a penalty if a player grabs the face mask AND tugs or turns it; neither of which happened on that play. It looks to me like Pettigrew is going for a stiff-arm and his fingers got caught in the defender's mask which is a fairly common occurrence. And even he once he released his grip the defender still made no attempt whatsoever to play the ball. I think the Lions have a legitimate grievance here because nine (.99) times out of ten that is PI and we all know it.

"But it's the playoffs" holds no water in my mind because if it's against the rules it should always be called. Not just when the league feels like they don't want to ruin the excitement for anyone. I don't know where this trend of ignoring blatant penalties during playoff games came from but I find it rather troubling. Though, the irony here is that of the NFL is suddenly going to turn a blind eye to "defense" being played this way then Seattle is all but assured a repeat.

I'm sure Byron Maxwell (the King of face guarding) was absolutely overjoyed to see that.

https://vine.co/v/OdD5hWMBK2q

theres enough of a tug there to get a call, infact we've all seen that called a face mask in other games. just as we've seen that PI been called in other games. and going for a stiff arm while running a route before the ball arrives? not sure why he would do that unless he wants his own PI.

Guess this settles the debate. Pardon the PFT link....it's the first one I came across:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/05/dean-blandino-acknowledges-cowboys-got-away-with-one/
Seriously, what is it with most defenders (especially the ones that get to the ball carrier first) trying to go for the ball first instead of getting the guy down on the ground, with a good tackle around the legs, and stopping him from getting further down field.

Just bad technique.
Share 49ersWebzone