There are 182 users in the forums

2015 NFL coach carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Falcons fire Mike Smith

Mike Smith is available. Is he any good? A career 66-46 record says yes but he famously struggled to win in the postseason (1-4). His team flamed out this year as well. How can you not win THAT division? Just beat the Panthers at home and you're hosting a very winnable playoff game against the Cardinals. And they got beat down 34-3? Hard to envision anyone hiring him as Head Coach after that.
[ Edited by FunkyChicken on Dec 29, 2014 at 6:51 AM ]
Originally posted by FunkyChicken:
Falcons fire Mike Smith

Mike Smith is available. Is he any good? A career 66-46 record says yes but he famously struggled to win in the postseason (1-4). His team flamed out this year as well. How can you not win THAT division? Just beat the Panthers at home and you're hosting a very winnable playoff game against the Cardinals. And they got beat down 34-3? Hard to envision anyone hiring him as Head Coach after that.

• tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Falcons fire Mike Smith

Mike Smith is available. Is he any good?

He didn't have enough brains to get rid of Mike Nolan and you think he should be hired here?

NO
Originally posted by tn9er:
He didn't have enough brains to get rid of Mike Nolan and you think he should be hired here?

NO

Where do you gather that I want him here?
Marc Trestman fired. That was pretty obvious. Is it back to Canada for Trestman?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
when will Roman be on this list?

Roman is on his own list. He was fired last season, someone just didn't tell him.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Falcons owner Arthur Blank, president Rich McKay, and GM Thomas Dimitroff expected to speak at the 11 am presser.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Baldie:
when will Roman be on this list?

Roman is on his own list. He was fired last season, someone just didn't tell him.

Bears fire Trestman and Emery

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/12091657/chicago-bears-fire-phil-emery-marc-trestman
[ Edited by braap49er on Dec 29, 2014 at 7:56 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
First casualties :

• Rex Ryan
  • John Idzik

who?

Jets' GM.

I'm suprised Harbs is going to Michigan with all these coaching jobs open. Jim could have any job he wanted in the NFL right now I'm sure. I think he would do well in Atlanta even with Roman as OC. In fact a stout running game with weapons like Julio and Roddy White would be a great compliment to Roman's running game (only thign good about his offense) and Ryan+Julio will carry any OC's passing game imo. Jim could fix ATL's main issue... DEFENSE. With only the weak NFC South to battle this would be a perfect job for him... AND the owner is humble and respectful of the game. If they keep Dimitroff, he seems like a guy who gets the talent and lets his coaches coach. This would be a good fit for Jim... IMO.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I'm suprised Harbs is going to Michigan with all these coaching jobs open. Jim could have any job he wanted in the NFL right now I'm sure. I think he would do well in Atlanta even with Roman as OC. In fact a stout running game with weapons like Julio and Roddy White would be a great compliment to Roman's running game (only thign good about his offense) and Ryan+Julio will carry any OC's passing game imo. Jim could fix ATL's main issue... DEFENSE. With only the weak NFC South to battle this would be a perfect job for him... AND the owner is humble and respectful of the game. If they keep Dimitroff, he seems like a guy who gets the talent and lets his coaches coach. This would be a good fit for Jim... IMO.

Roman is not an NFL OC. I strongly doubt any other team would pick him up. And I think you are off the mark when you suggest JH could have any job he wanted. Raiders yes.
Originally posted by English:
Roman is not an NFL OC. I strongly doubt any other team would pick him up. And I think you are off the mark when you suggest JH could have any job he wanted. Raiders yes.

Agree on Harbaugh. In a league where more passing is becoming the norm, not sure many teams want a Bo Shembeckler offense.
Bears fire GM Phil Emery

Good their drafts have been a joke lol
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by English:

Agree on Harbaugh. In a league where more passing is becoming the norm, not sure many teams want a Bo Shembeckler offense.

49 wins in 4 seasons says otherwise. Most owners want winners, how it gets done is irrelevant. I don't think Baltimore or Seattle feels any worse or better about the SB trophies they have won with strong defense and a stout running game.
Share 49ersWebzone