LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

After today, we'll have a good idea of who's going to the Superbowl

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Troll fail
predicting both #1 seeds getting through is so meh and that goes for any season. it takes no analysis, just say i dont see any team winning in their crib. its like picking four #1 seeds to be in the final four.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
predicting both #1 seeds getting through is so meh and that goes for any season. it takes no analysis, just say i dont see any team winning in their crib. its like picking four #1 seeds to be in the final four.

Yes but it worked last year and this year it's even more obvious that Seattle and NE have the two best teams, along with especially huge HF advantage because of weather, mystique and crowd noise. They could lose, sure, but I wouldn't trust any analysis that claims another team is more likely to get the SB.
Originally posted by vaden:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Yes but it worked last year and this year it's even more obvious that Seattle and NE have the two best teams, along with especially huge HF advantage because of weather, mystique and crowd noise. They could lose, sure, but I wouldn't trust any analysis that claims another team is more likely to get the SB.

the point is that its so easy to say that now as we head into the playoffs. its like when everyone was handing the 15-1 packers a repeat championship and they didnt even win a playoff game. both #1 seeds are good teams and that goes for every season just about. but this talk of how its a formailty that both #1's go through is crazy talk. i'm a football nerd who tracks which seeds go to the super bowl over the years and the fact it happened last season makes it less likely to happen a second year in a row.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Well, I'm not acting like it's a formality. I said they could fail to reach the SB, just that it's unlikely. I don't feel like this every year or even most years concerning #1 seeds, but this year I think there's a really clear top two.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Now the Pats will have to play their kryptonite, the team I'm sure Belichick most wanted to avoid. Still think they'll win but it'll be very close.

I doubt Dallas will get past GB but if they do and Romo and Murray play I think they'll beat Seattle.
[ Edited by vaden on Jan 3, 2015 at 8:07 PM ]
Originally posted by 40NINER:
I personally think it's going to be the Patriots and the Seahawks, If the Hawks beat the Rams today and the road to the Superbowl goes through Seattle, it's gonna be a tough road for any team that's gotta go through that place. After the way their season started, I can't believe the Squawks are in a position to possibly win 2 Superbowls in a row, even our beloved 49ers never did that. This team is tough
Do some research kid
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Dood. Really? F'n trolls. C'mon man
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by 40NINER:
I personally think it's going to be the Patriots and the Seahawks, If the Hawks beat the Rams today and the road to the Superbowl goes through Seattle, it's gonna be a tough road for any team that's gotta go through that place. After the way their season started, I can't believe the Squawks are in a position to possibly win 2 Superbowls in a row, even our beloved 49ers never did that. This team is tough

This

You guys really need to learn your team history. Niners won the Superbowl in 88 and 89 and lost in the NFC championship game to the Giants in 90 due to the Roger Craig fumble.
Dallas had an easy schedule and it got them in the dance. Theyre not the best team but things are going their way. A patsy December schedule to get them over the hump and their confidence is high and the ball is bouncing their way. Dallas is going to win the whole damn thing.

Detroit is Detroit, they always find a way to fold
GB well Rodgers is hobbled and I doubt their D can shut down Murray
Seattle is better than Dallas but repeating isn't easy and they are no longer the hunter, they are the hunted.

Originally posted by facestabber:
Dallas had an easy schedule and it got them in the dance. Theyre not the best team but things are going their way. A patsy December schedule to get them over the hump and their confidence is high and the ball is bouncing their way. Dallas is going to win the whole damn thing.

Seattle is better than Dallas but repeating isn't easy and they are no longer the hunter, they are the hunted.
wrong
Going with Baltimore vs Seattle. I like the makeup of both teams. Last 2 SB winners square off. Pretty good storyline.
this thread is bandwagon as f**k from OP
Originally posted by ram29jackson:
Originally posted by facestabber:

wrong

thoughtful addition to the thread. everyone here thanks you and is amazed by your incredible insight
Can't believe this but I'm officially rooting for Baltimore to make another unprecedented run to go all the way as a WC again (not to mention lowest seeded). Something about this team like a cockroach you just can't kill no matter how many times you stomp it. I like Flacco, think he's cooler than any other QB. Steve Smith is a pitbull and T Suggs is an animal. Mix in Dumervil pass rushing and Ngata back in the middle with their team being the one that's peaking just as the playoffs start. Also, Kubiak is doing some damn good playcalling now.
Share 49ersWebzone