LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Jay Cutler benched

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sfout:
Harbaugh going to NYJ and they gonna trade for Cutler. Calling it....

that is a good way to break my semester long silence, yay for college graduation!

Hey! Congratulations! I remember when I finally reached the top of that damn hill. It took me 6.5 years and a lot of failure to get there -- but I did finally reach the zenith.

And I've never looked back. I'd be nowhere without my degree. I thank God every single day that I stuck it out. It's been well worth the money and a whole lot more.

It doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be an overnight success or someone is going to hand you buckets of cash. You still have to make that happen. But it does open up a lot of doors that would have remained closed had you not stuck it out.
Originally posted by jrg:
he'll be a ram next year
Unfortunately, the Rams aren't stupid.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by jrg:
he'll be a ram next year
Unfortunately, the Rams aren't stupid.

I would find it hard for anyone to want to trade for that horrid contract. Cutler might still have some years in him but they won't be at that salary without playoff runs.
iirc, the Bears can't trade him away because they would LOSE against the cap. I think, trading a player is like cutting him, is it?
Dude is and always has been a loser.
Honestly I think Alex Smith is better. His arm is not as strong but he reads the field better, makes adjustments a the line better, goes through progressions better, makes better decisions and is not an interception machine.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Bears also have a Shiite oline.
So do the chiefs...And the chiefs are imperior when it comes down to WR-corps.

Cheifs have an okay oline. They also have a great defense ( Berry going down is huge) and THE BEST RB IN THE LEAGUE.

As seen by the 2012 niners,you can win with a good run game ,mediocre Wrs,and a stout defense
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Dec 19, 2014 at 2:03 AM ]
lol for Jimmy Clauson. That's got to be humiliating.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
lol for Jimmy Clauson. That's got to be humiliating.

This is how bad it must be for Cutler:

He was benched without injury, something that didn't happen to Alex during the Harbaugh tenure. Even when it felt like Alex could be benched, it never happened until Harbaugh got the easy way out.

The last three seasons saw Cutler go down mid season due to injury but never lose his job outright (Jason Campbell, McCown). And now he finally has been benched.

The interesting thing I just realized is Cutler hasn't played a full season in awhile. I believe the Giants KO'd him in 2010....not sure how many games he's missed. So maybe 2009 was his last 16 game season?

He's a a**** of a human being but at the same time you hate to see good QB talent mismanaged. Would be interesting to see him go somewhere else and have success.....hopefully not at our expense.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Do you think Arians and the Cardinals will make a move for him, if the Bears cut him?

Bruce was able to turn the human turnover machine Carlson Palmer into a good QB...I wonder what he could do with Cutler.

heck, maybe the Rams make a move for him.

one can only hope as a 49ers fan that jay cutler comes to the NFC west and plays for one of our competitors. Think of all the free INTs

trade him for RG3
iirc, the Bears can't trade him away because they would LOSE against the cap. I think, trading a player is like cutting him, is it?

Hmm I'm not entirely sure but I don't think it is. I believe when you trade a person you take on the players' contract. So all cap money is traded away too.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Dude is and always has been a loser.

Agree - the MOST apathetic clown I've ever seen ever!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Honestly I think Alex Smith is better. His arm is not as strong but he reads the field better, makes adjustments a the line better, goes through progressions better, makes better decisions and is not an interception machine.

Agree BIG time.

Alex doesn't lose games like Cutler
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Hmm I'm not entirely sure but I don't think it is. I believe when you trade a person you take on the players' contract. So all cap money is traded away too.

Signing bonus money... yes, that will be accelerated into the Trader's trade years dead money.

Guaranteed annual pay will be born onto the trade partner and will not effect the traders cap negatively.
Share 49ersWebzone