There are 178 users in the forums

Jay Cutler benched

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The #Bears have benched underperforming QB Jay Cutler and will start Jimmy Clausen, source confirms (as @AdamSchefter).

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Jay Cutler is owed $15.5 million next year, fully guaranteed. So someone is paying that...Nobody can be sure it's Chicago.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs
With 1st day of '15 NFL league year March 10, that means on March 13 if Jay Cutler is on #Bears roster $10 mil guarantee for '16 kicks in.
So do we pull the trigger
This had to happen

Is his resigning deal on Trestman or did someone else handle it?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Herd w/Colin Cowherd ‏@TheHerd

Jay Cutler's reaction to being benched by the Bears.....#HERD

worst contract for one of the most overestimated QBs in the league.
though, i have to admit that i was on his bandwaggon a couple of years ago.
I for one thought it was a mistake for them to fire Love Smith. Lovie looks terrible in Tampa right now, but consider this:

They last made the NFC Championship in 2010. They were on course to make the playoffs in 2011, but Jay Cutler got hurt. They had no viable backup. They brought in Jason Campbell in 2012, but their offensive line was TERRIBLE. Keep in mind, this was the season they signed Chilo Rachal to help out with their offensive line problems. Let that sink in for a minute.

Of course, Jay Cutler gets hurt again with that wonderful protection he had (concussion). Does anyone remember the way we (specifically Aldon Smith) destroyed Jason Campbell in Kap's first start?

The way I see it, the REAL problem with the Bears has been the GM.
Best move made by the Bears in years. I've been saying forever that this dude was a bum and was overrated. Sure, his stat sheet is respectable (maybe not this year) but he always manages to implode when his team needs him the most.

......when he's not hurt, that is.
Do you think Arians and the Cardinals will make a move for him, if the Bears cut him?

Bruce was able to turn the human turnover machine Carlson Palmer into a good QB...I wonder what he could do with Cutler.

heck, maybe the Rams make a move for him.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Do you think Arians and the Cardinals will make a move for him, if the Bears cut him?

Bruce was able to turn the human turnover machine Carlson Palmer into a good QB...I wonder what he could do with Cutler.

IDK man. With Palmer you at least you know he cares about winning. Cutler walks out onto the field, throws like five interceptions and doesn't even attempt to pretend that he's gives a s**t.

As one writer put it, Cutler leads the league in casual indifference.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
worst contract for one of the most overestimated QBs in the league.
though, i have to admit that i was on his bandwaggon a couple of years ago.

Irony.

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

HELL NO!!! That contract is terrible, I wouldn't take it on if I was any GM, Baalke would be an idiot to do so.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

YES... if we ever catch him sniffing around, we should definitely pull the trigger and cap his weak ass in the knees
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I would love love Cutler starting in the NFCW, long as it's not for the 49ers.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 17, 2014 at 5:41 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Harbaugh going to NYJ and they gonna trade for Cutler. Calling it....

that is a good way to break my semester long silence, yay for college graduation!
Starting Clauson!? lol wow

That's what we should do with Kap honestly. See what we've got in the backup
Share 49ersWebzone