LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Watkins, Beckham, Evans, KB, Cooks, Landry, John Brown...

Shop 49ers game tickets
...wow what a crop.

Both LSU WRs lead their NFL teams in receiving (Odell in yards, Landry does in receptions).

Matter of fact 5 of them lead their teams in 1 of the two receiving categories (Watkins, K.Benjamin, Mike Evans).

Odell is killin it after after only ten games, and Mike Evans will probably be ROY. Scariest thing of all is Watkins will probably be the best out of the group.

Kind of scary to think that all these guys (and maybe even more) can be Pro Bowlers at some point in their careers if the success continues.

What cant get any of them for another 3 seasons so any ideas on signings/the draft?
And Martavis bryant, Jordan Matthews, Donte moncrief. Best wr draft class ever imo
And we decided to take Jimmie Ward.......
Beckham was my favorite of the group. Looks like he's proving me right

Still, hearing his name get called on draft day was a top 5 disappointing moment of my life no joke
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Allen Robinson also, Davante Adams looks good too this year
Well let's see Watkins and Evans had no shot unless we wanted to give up future 1sts, 2nd, 3rds whatever. Beckham we tried to trade up for but cant remember who wanted too much. Not like Benjamin or Cooks could have been selected at our spot either probably would have had togive up a 3rd or more. I had Beckham, Matthews and Landry as my favorites. So go ahead gripe about Matthews, Landry, Robinson, Brown but the rest werent in our range or would have cost too much to trade up for. By the way Bryant is a perfect fit for the Steelers down field passing O (wallace, brown, sanders, bryant). With us Bryant would have sat on the bench all year and done nothing. Heck, the rest of the guys probably the same. We run the ball, dont have a passing O so none of them would have done the same with us. I will admit that's Baalke's weak spot and we are probably better off trading mid round picks than drafting WRs. I thought Patton and Ellington were nice finds in the 4th but we don't know how to use wrs anyways.
I really wanted both Beckham and Montcrief.

That' life!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Well let's see Watkins and Evans had no shot unless we wanted to give up future 1sts, 2nd, 3rds whatever. Beckham we tried to trade up for but cant remember who wanted too much. Not like Benjamin or Cooks could have been selected at our spot either probably would have had togive up a 3rd or more. I had Beckham, Matthews and Landry as my favorites. So go ahead gripe about Matthews, Landry, Robinson, Brown but the rest werent in our range or would have cost too much to trade up for. By the way Bryant is a perfect fit for the Steelers down field passing O (wallace, brown, sanders, bryant). With us Bryant would have sat on the bench all year and done nothing. Heck, the rest of the guys probably the same. We run the ball, dont have a passing O so none of them would have done the same with us. I will admit that's Baalke's weak spot and we are probably better off trading mid round picks than drafting WRs. I thought Patton and Ellington were nice finds in the 4th but we don't know how to use wrs anyways.

This. I liked Moncrief a lot, he was one of my favorite WR's coming out of the draft....but being serious, there's no way he would have been used properly by this coaching staff. You could probably swap Ellington and Moncrief or Ellington and Matthews and we'd all be like "Man, wish they would have drafted Bruce Ellington, that guy is a stud of a receiver" right now.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Why drafting a WR high in an WR-loaded draft class whereas safeties are hard to find?

and like I stated in the Patton-thread:
most of the mentioned WRs are on teams without a real competition. Here, none of them would have played on a regular basis.
[ Edited by communist on Dec 15, 2014 at 3:56 AM ]
I don't think it's the class per say, I think it's the rules change. Then you have guys like Benjamin and Beckham who are #1 options in their respective offenses even over the running back, so their numbers are just inflated. Let's not act like we have a class of Jerry Rice's or Tim Brown's. Evans, Landry and ODBJ are the only legit guys imo.
[ Edited by 24plus25er on Dec 15, 2014 at 1:48 PM ]

yeah it will be interesting to see how he develops but yeah it hurts.

Ward is our future at S when Bethea is done
I wouldn't draft WR's either coz HaRoman has no idea how to use them
I'm not against having a guy like Jimmy (who I had mocked to us anyways), I just think he needs to to develop and will be a better safety than nickel corner. BUT I'd rather us have taken Jarvis Landry at that spot. He would have beat Lloyd out in training camp for sure and would have filled our void at kick returner. Beyond that he will be a solid #2, possibly #1 for years to come in this league.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
Allen Robinson also, Davante Adams looks good too this year

Yep. If given a time machine Ward would be switched out with one of the WR's taken in the second RD. trade first pick and move back.

I'm happy that Seattle did this and picked Richardson. LOL they could have picked up much better WR's. thank god they didnt.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Why drafting a WR high in an WR-loaded draft class whereas safeties are hard to find?

and like I stated in the Patton-thread:
most of the mentioned WRs are on teams without a real competition. Here, none of them would have played on a regular basis.

Well, according to some on this site our WR's suck and can't run routes. lol
Share 49ersWebzone