LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

49ers are a laughing stock in Seattle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by superbike81:
I'd just like to chime in here with a bit of a different perspective.

I'm a Seahawks fan who doesn't hate the Niners (I despise Kraepernick though, LOL). I moved to Seattle back in 1992, I was 11 and I loved the Niners but over time of course Seattle became my home team.

To the point, there is a small sub-group of long-time Hawks fans that hate the "12's" almost as much as you guys do. To us, they're an embarrassment to Seattle sports. They are a bunch of damn cheerleaders who chastise us when we say absolutely anything negative about the Hawks. I was banned from one Facebook group for being "too negative" during the GB game. All I was doing was speaking objectively about their relatively poor play for all but the last couple minutes.

I've been lurking this site for a while because I still enjoy keeping up on the Niners and I'm frankly embarrassed to have to be lumped in with all the soccer mom "12's" who have apparently been fans their entire life but couldn't tell you what constitutes a false start.

I hate them. I almost wish we could go back to being a good but not great team so the bandwagon would fall apart and I could get back to just enjoying football.

I'm a Niner fan living in Seattle and have noticed the same thing. There are definitely Seahawk fans out there like you who have been watching football for more than ~5 years and who are given a bad name by the current bunch. I can't speak for everyone, but my complaints about the fans here are intended to apply only to the 12s; people who were around before that garbage are almost invariably cool and are generally exempt from my criticism. Welcome to the site.

I'm a Seahawks fan who doesn't hate the Niners (I despise Kraepernick though, LOL). I moved to Seattle back in 1992, I was 11 and I loved the Niners but over time of course Seattle became my home team.

To the point, there is a small sub-group of long-time Hawks fans that hate the "12's" almost as much as you guys do. To us, they're an embarrassment to Seattle sports. They are a bunch of damn cheerleaders who chastise us when we say absolutely anything negative about the Hawks. I was banned from one Facebook group for being "too negative" during the GB game. All I was doing was speaking objectively about their relatively poor play for all but the last couple minutes.

I've been lurking this site for a while because I still enjoy keeping up on the Niners and I'm frankly embarrassed to have to be lumped in with all the soccer mom "12's" who have apparently been fans their entire life but couldn't tell you what constitutes a false start.

I hate them. I almost wish we could go back to being a good but not great team so the bandwagon would fall apart and I could get back to just enjoying football.

Can you tell me why you feel this way?

I'm a Seattle native and have followed the Hawks since their inception in '76 (yes, I remember names like Patera, Easely, Jacob Green (my favorite) and some fond memories of Efren H's fake field goals ;-) )

I'm by no means an X's and O's expert but, I don't think that is necessarily a requirement to be a fan and I have no problem with " band wagoners" - the more the merrier! A passionate fan base brings all walks of life together for a single, fun, life-distracting, life-enjoying purpose. Sports is a great way for a community to bond.

Anyhoo, I'm pretty sure that the Seahawks aren't the only team to have new fans jump on board once they have success. The gamut of diehards to band wagoners exist in every fan base (as, unfortunately, do the jerks),
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Jan 31, 2015 at 10:32 AM ]
Vinculum: We understand each other, I feel pretty much the same way.

BluesBro: LOL, not sure if I can elaborate much more.

LisaTwelve: It's not entirely about knowing the ins and outs of the game as it is pretending they do. Hell, King5 or one of the other local news stations even had a news video called something like "How to be a Seahawks Fan" or some crap like that. I've given up on posting on Seahawks sites and Facebook groups because if I say anything even a little bit negative (for example during the GB game when they were playing terrible offense) I get bombarded with soccer moms telling me "I have FAITH that we will win! Russell has faith so I have faith to! You need to stop being so negative!" All I'm doing in any of these situations is talking about football. *I MISS TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL.* There are so many damn bandwagon "12's" now that those of who are actually football fans and not just Seahawks fans (yes there is a difference) can't talk about anything. Another good example is typical "12's" go crazy with any penalty call against Seattle, if I agree with the refs, they want to burn me like a witch and start talking about how I'm "not a real fan." I hate those people, I want them to away. They can watch all the Seahawks they want, but I'm sick of being told I'm not a real fan. I'm a FOOTBALL fan first, a Seahawks fan second, if that makes any sense. Oh, and when I say soccer moms, I'm not only talking about females, but it does seem I get the most "attacks" from female 12's.
[ Edited by superbike81 on Jan 31, 2015 at 1:09 PM ]

Welcome. My definition of a good Seattle fan is someone who knows who Kenny Easley was. Not many pass!
Originally posted by English:
Welcome. My definition of a good Seattle fan is someone who knows who Kenny Easley was. Not many pass!

Number 45. Bill Walsh said Easley would be a Hall of Famer if Easley had played longer and, in his words, "maybe he still is -- he was that good." Ronnie Lott said, "He was defensive player of the year and best player to play the safety position, ever." He also said the Niners would have drafted Easley instead of Lott himself if the Hawks hadn't taken him first. I honestly believe he's the greatest Seahawk ever, with his ONLY competition being Walter Jones.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/24762/nfc-west-hall-of-fame-debate
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/01/25/ronnie-lott-says-kam-chancellor-heading-toward-kenny-easleys-level/#storylink=cpy
Originally posted by Maulbert:
Number 45. Bill Walsh said Easley would be a Hall of Famer if Easley had played longer and, in his words, "maybe he still is -- he was that good." Ronnie Lott said, "He was defensive player of the year and best player to play the safety position, ever." He also said the Niners would have drafted Easley instead of Lott himself if the Hawks hadn't taken him first. I honestly believe he's the greatest Seahawk ever, with his ONLY competition being Walter Jones.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/24762/nfc-west-hall-of-fame-debate
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/01/25/ronnie-lott-says-kam-chancellor-heading-toward-kenny-easleys-level/#storylink=cpy

No question. He was a true great.

Now then, we have a Seahawks thread, so I think this one can go. The subject of the 49ers being the laughing stock of Seattle is (a) BS and (b) total BS.

And even if it were true, why would we care?
Share 49ersWebzone