LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

49ers are a laughing stock in Seattle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 4ML:
lol who cares

Living in Seattle, I care.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
What do you mean who gives a f**k history??Thats stupid seahawks logic, in order to make themselves feel superior. That's pathetic. If that's eh case why even care at all if the next season every team rolls back to zero. But, that's not the case, trophys and memories don't expire., they only accumulate. As of now long time niner fans have plenty accumulated, and that's so thing that eats at every hawk fan. So, how do hey counter that by placing a subjective expiration date to feel better. Pathetic.

This....f**k Seattle and their fake ass tough guy act. If history doesn't matter then what's the point of keeping score. Seattle is so f**king small time it's not even funny. Garbage franchise with like 5-6 good seasons in their history.
Originally posted by denali22:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Screw them. Tell them we don't consider anyone a rival of ours until they have at least 5 Lombardi's.

who the f**k cares what happened 20 years ago.

the fact is theyre kicking our asses RIGHT NOW.

Two things can be true at the same time. Yes, they're kicking our asses right now. In addition, history matters.

And if you don't give a damn about history, you're basically crapping all over the legacy of Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, George Seifert, Steve Young, Ronnie Lott and the rest of them. Sorry, but that doesn't add up to a very good Niner fan in my book.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
lol who cares

move
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
lol who cares

lol man that must really really suck to be a Niner fan in Seattle. How do you stay faithful?
I hope the team all watched what unfolded after the game on their own 50 yd line. That right there was a big slap in the face. I felt disrespected as a fan.
Thats okay, the Seahawks have been the laughing stock of the NFL for the better part of four decades. Let them enjoy themselves a little.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Thats okay, the Seahawks have been the laughing stock of the NFL for the better part of four decades. Let them enjoy themselves a little.

Exactly...eat all the turkey you want at the 50, it doesn't erase the fact they are a nobody franchise, with some of the biggest a*****e players and fans.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
sad sad sad..

this story (if really true), reminds me of the 80s... I live here in Los Angeles, and we (49er fan) would used to laugh on the Rams on a weekly basis.. with John Robinson, Vince Ferregamo, Eric Dickerson, Steve Bartkowski, Dieter Brock and Jim "crissy" Everrett...

year in and year out, we read nothing in the HERALD EXAMINAR regarding how the Rams are ready to compete in the division w/a legitimate Defense, and watch them fall to the 49ers year in and year out..

in fact, the only time we (49ers) would take the Rams seriously was each time they play at Candlestick..
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
I hope the team all watched what unfolded after the game on their own 50 yd line. That right there was a big slap in the face. I felt disrespected as a fan.

That made me sick for a second. Typically, the turkey eating is done on the sidelines with the reporters. But I'm sure the media knows how big this rivalry is, so I'm not surprised with their decision to take full advantage and pour it on, with Michelle Tafoya like "YOU'RE EATING TURKEY AT MID FIELD ON THE LOGO!! How does that feel?!"....

I'm sure Jed watched that whole thing in disgust.

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:

That made me sick for a second. Typically, the turkey eating is done on the sidelines with the reporters. But I'm sure the media knows how big this rivalry is, so I'm not surprised with their decision to take full advantage and pour it on, with Michelle Tafoya like "YOU'RE EATING TURKEY AT MID FIELD ON THE LOGO!! How does that feel?!"....

I'm sure Jed watched that whole thing in disgust.

It all just seems so forced, especially on nbc. I've always loved al michaels as a comentator, but I can't stand collinsworth verbal masterbation towards the Seahawks in general and Dick sherm specifically. It just gets so old.
Remember "glorified practice"? Hope that's their mindset in 2 weeks.

they're all doomed

the contract has been placed

/thread
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Meh, don't let them get to you...We b***h slapped them for over three decades and they're finally getting a little pay back. Someday it'll be our turn again and then we can rub it in on them.
Originally posted by trooper49:
I'm a die hard Niners fan since the mid 60's. I grew up in the Bay Area but currently live in Seattle. You wouldn't believe what goes on here. The Seattle sports media and the fan base enjoys disrespecting the 49ers more than they appreciate their Seahawks. Laughing at the Niners is a national past time here. The sports media here has an unofficial pact where they will only refer to them as the Santa Clara 49ers out of disrepect. One sports radio station even has a pool where whoever calls them the "San Francisco" 49ers has to put in a dollar. They are all talking about how humiliating the 49ers in two weeks will totally devastate the team. Before Thursdays game somebody asked Sherman what scares him about the Niner offense and Sherman responded "nothing does". After the game Bobby Wagner said the 49er offense was slow and they had no explosive players. I also think that turkey dinner on the 49er logo after the game with Sherman and Wilson may have been planned

All I can say is its interesting being a 49er fan here in Seattle and hope that there is such a thing as "karma" and it shows up in two weeks at Century Link. I don't want the Niners to come in here and lay down like they did on Thanksgiving

Wagner is right.
But if Seattle needs to make themselves feel better by disrespecting one of the premiere franchises in sports, so be it. Who cares what a couple of clown radio jocks say...
[ Edited by Black24Razor on Dec 1, 2014 at 4:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone