There are 245 users in the forums

Should the 49ers pursue Adrian Peterson in 2015?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should the 49ers pursue Adrian Peterson in 2015?

As s**tty as these past few days have been I wouldn't mind having AP but I feel like I would regret it a few days later.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
no.

+1 We need to find out what we have with Hyde.
This definitely has Jed York's "winning with class" stamp of approval written all over it.
who cares about class no one in the nfl cares abt it:

ray lewis murdered someone and got infinite praise by espn during their super bowl run and now works for them
seahags have been the most classless organization with routine disrespecting of other teams and their players
pats are constantly involved in cheating scandals
saints paid players to purposely injury the other team

in the end of the day its abt winning and AP is a proven veteran that cud really help the 49ers to a super bowl, hyde isn't ready to take the reins by himself yet, hunter won't last the season after his injuries, taking a RB in this draft is too big of a gamble
I really don't think too many fans would complain about getting AP

except here in the Zone
A player of AP's caliber is, at a minimum, worth l calling the Vikings for to see what they want for him.

We're talking the best RB to hit the league since Barry Sanders and a guy well on his way to being the best running back of all time. Fresh off a year of rest.

Absolutrly hell yes, you make a run at him.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
This definitely has Jed York's "winning with class" stamp of approval written all over it.

I think this has officially supplanted "beyond reproach" as the most taken out of context comment on sports today. At no point did Jed York say that winning with class is tantamount to immediately cutting any player that has a legal issue and never signing a player that had any in the past either.

Obviously, no good NFL team would be able to operate that way.
if he takes a 1-2 year deal. maybe. if he wants a revis type, high paid rb, nope. out.
this is the perfect place for AP, he is viciously hated in minnesota and their fans

we are the only team that kept a domestic violence guy playing nearly the entire season until he had another accusation and this was the year where every other team immediately banned any player who had even been mentioned with domestic violence

id easily drop 12-14 million on this guy now...id imagine we have the money after all the veterans leaving and retiring
  • pd24
  • Veteran
We can afford it for the year. I wouldn't extend him though.

Originally posted by 49erfan4life4:
this is the perfect place for AP, he is viciously hated in minnesota and their fans

we are the only team that kept a domestic violence guy playing nearly the entire season until he had another accusation and this was the year where every other team immediately banned any player who had even been mentioned with domestic violence

id easily drop 12-14 million on this guy now...id imagine we have the money after all the veterans leaving and retiring

I doubt Baalke has even looked into AP, same with Hardy and so my respect for Baalke continues to shrink.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
You gotta clear close to 13 mil to trade for Adrian Peterson. Baalke doesn't spend 13 mil on a traded player.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
You gotta clear close to 13 mil to trade for Adrian Peterson. Baalke doesn't spend 13 mil on a traded player.

We already cleared it and then some and are not spending.
Originally posted by 49erfan4life4:
who cares about class no one in the nfl cares abt it:

ray lewis murdered someone and got infinite praise by espn during their super bowl run and now works for them
seahags have been the most classless organization with routine disrespecting of other teams and their players
pats are constantly involved in cheating scandals
saints paid players to purposely injury the other team

in the end of the day its abt winning and AP is a proven veteran that cud really help the 49ers to a super bowl, hyde isn't ready to take the reins by himself yet, hunter won't last the season after his injuries, taking a RB in this draft is too big of a gamble

Baltimore put up a statue in his Dis-Honor.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

We already cleared it and then some and are not spending.

We can't really afford $13M, remember we have to pay our draft picks, which could be as high as $5M, plus we owe Aldon Smith almost $5M for payments in season. Plus I think a CB is a bigger need than a RB.
Share 49ersWebzone