There are 296 users in the forums

Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin mock NFL media policies

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Not a fan of sherman but I think he's a good player, although overrated. That said, I think everything he said was right on the money. He did it in a clever way, so maybe they won't come down on him. I do think that it's an unwanted distraction and I'm glad nobody on our team chose to speak out like this.

Yup. He couldn't have marshawn getting the attention.

He's a me me me type of guy.

I think it's more of a "f**k you nfl for fining my teammate/coworker $100,000 for not talking to reporters when he obviously has a problem talking to reporters.
Not a fan of sherman but I think he's a good player, although overrated. That said, I think everything he said was right on the money. He did it in a clever way, so maybe they won't come down on him. I do think that it's an unwanted distraction and I'm glad nobody on our team chose to speak out like this.

You really think Lynch wants any attention from the media? I would think Lynch would be grateful to have the attention anywhere but on him.
I think a player from every team should do something like this.
Did I just gain respect for Richard Sherman? What is this world coming to?!
It's a free world, and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but having a thread to talk about this idiot is just not worth it.
No offense to any 49ers fans.
i hate his guts more than anyone in pro sports but god damn he spoke the truth. He really called out the NFL. Maybe the media will start using seahawks as their whipping boy more instead of the niners
Originally posted by Fanofthegame:

You really think Lynch wants any attention from the media? I would think Lynch would be grateful to have the attention anywhere but on him.

Where did i say lynch wanted the attention?

I said lynch was getting the attention due to the press conference issues.
Do you think they could catch a suspensionfor that? Conduct detrimental to the league? They basically attacked one thing they absolutely cannot, the sponsors.
Bose will not like that and neither will the beer companies.
They won't be suspended. I'm guessing they won't even be fined. The NFL's best response to this is to let it go and get it out of the media cycle in a day or two. React with penalties and it will just produce a greater reaction from other players and the media.

I don't think it was funny. Hard to feel sorry for millionaires that feel oppressed because they can't peddle their stupid sponsorships on game day. And yes Budweiser is a big league sponsor but there is a reason that players - who kids look up to - aren't allowed to peddle booze. Maybe if there wasn't an athlete DUI every other week it would be a different story.
Originally posted by midrdan:
They won't be suspended. I'm guessing they won't even be fined. The NFL's best response to this is to let it go and get it out of the media cycle in a day or two. React with penalties and it will just produce a greater reaction from other players and the media.

I don't think it was funny. Hard to feel sorry for millionaires that feel oppressed because they can't peddle their stupid sponsorships on game day. And yes Budweiser is a big league sponsor but there is a reason that players - who kids look up to - aren't allowed to peddle booze. Maybe if there wasn't an athlete DUI every other week it would be a different story.

this. 100% this. never feel sorry for someone with a million dollars

ever

How about an owner DUI. It is hypocritical for the NFL to be sponsored by Bud or whomever then tell the players to not profit from that same endorsement. Why not parents be the role models? Actors drink and endorse. Musicians drink and endorse. The NFL and its owners drink and endorse. Why can't the athletes now then? Is being supposed role models now the reasoning. Not For Long and now the shameless hypocritical exploitation to boot. You may not have a sympathetic bone in your body for players but right is right and this is hypocrisy not matter how you want to cut it
Originally posted by xtm059:
this. 100% this. never feel sorry for someone with a million dollars

ever
Because someone has achieved a level of success and has earned a million dollars they now get the cold shoulder? Right is right and hypocrisy is hypocrisy whether you be wealthy or poor. No one is giving these players the money. They've earned it! Now they must be cognizant that they share in the NFL'S endorsement in a smaller way but this is the larger issue of the wealthy needing to have control and power in our lives. We must be kept in line and under their control.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

How about an owner DUI. It is hypocritical for the NFL to be sponsored by Bud or whomever then tell the players to not profit from that same endorsement. Why not parents be the role models? Actors drink and endorse. Musicians drink and endorse. The NFL and its owners drink and endorse. Why can't the athletes now then? Is being supposed role models now the reasoning. Not For Long and now the shameless hypocritical exploitation to boot. You may not have a sympathetic bone in your body for players but right is right and this is hypocrisy not matter how you want to cut it

Yup not only that but also when Sherman brought up how the NFL always say they're doing everything they can to keep the players safe yet having 2 teams, this week 6, play 2 games in 5 days is b******t. They're doing it strictly for the money and don't give a damn about player safety by sending those guys out there so soon after their last game. I hope they abolish those games in the offseason but I know they won't.
I love how this happens before our game! The NFL is gonna tell the refs to flag the f**k out of Seattle..MWAUAHAHAHAHA
the players collectively bargained for these same rules they hate

those beer commercials are the same sponsors that help pay their huge contracts
Share 49ersWebzone