There are 221 users in the forums

Odell Beckham Jr.'s Catch - Best Ever?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Odell Beckham Jr.'s Catch - Best Ever?

Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
how about not looking back at the ball ?

This. I posted that in the 24/7 thread but got made fun of cause while he caught it, a penalty negated it.

This was by far the best catch ever by a WR!

I was at that game. Could not believe he caught that. Just insane.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Probably Best Catch from an athletic viewpoint.

But NOT a significant catch as far as winning a meaningful game - Like "The Catch" was.

Not even the most meaningful great catch for the Giants. David Tyree ... plus, Manning was great on that play too.

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Probably Best Catch from an athletic viewpoint.

But NOT a significant catch as far as winning a meaningful game - Like "The Catch" was.

Not even the most meaningful great catch for the Giants. David Tyree ... plus, Manning was great on that play too.

Nothing great about that pay at all, just a bunch of dumb luck
Originally posted by KaeptinKrunch:

This. I posted that in the 24/7 thread but got made fun of cause while he caught it, a penalty negated it.

This one is up there on my list of greatest catches, pretty similar catch to the one OBJ made
  • vaden
  • Veteran
watching that Tyree catch again just reminds me how much I dislike Joe Buck. He just throws a bucket of cold water on every exciting play

• vaden
  • Veteran
compare to Al Michaels' phenomenal call of Antonio Freeman's catch:

Gus Johnson:

Retire in shame, Joe Buck. Or go call golf.
[ Edited by vaden on Nov 24, 2014 at 9:35 PM ]
YES
No.

Santonio Holmes Super Bowl Catch

I was there to. Cody Picket threw that s**t right? Cody only completed like 1 pass the whole first half.
it was a great catch and nobody will deny that, however, I think for a catch to be labeled the "best catch ever" it has to have had some serious significance attributed to it other than moving the sticks

Nice, but no.
That's the best catch of all time. I've never seen a catch like that before. It's a video game or something. You just should not be able to do that. It was a long bomb, he's getting interfered with, and he catches the ball with one hand. Not only that he catches the back half of the ball. Not even the front part. The back. Which is harder. It should slip through. Plus he dove out like that and just stabbed it one arm and one hand. It's just rediculous.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 25, 2014 at 2:07 AM ]
The whole "best catch ever" thing is just a topic drummed up by ESPN to get people talking.

Theres different types of great catches that cant really be mixed together. Apples and oranges.

Tyree making that helmet catch in the SB meant WAY more, and was almost as technically difficult. But then theres the crazy, flukey ones like that play Antonio Freeman made a few years back, where it was so unlikely. Then theres the Calvin Johnson picking it out of the air surrounded by 3 DB's in the endzone type. Also the blind catch where they catch it on the other side of the opponents body just by a stab in the dark try.

One of my favorites was the Brandon Lloyd catch against KC this year, where he basically changed direction mid air and stole the pick away from the defender.

I would say that personally I prefer the "Antonio Freeman type" catches over the jumping one handed types.

This one is SO underrated. If only it was one yard further. (the first catch in the video)

[ Edited by Niners99 on Nov 25, 2014 at 3:20 AM ]
Is this thread for real? I guess this is for people who don't know Gary Garrison or Sterling Sharpe. The internet generation. Buh.
Share 49ersWebzone