Shop 49ers game tickets
Detroit at New England.

Hurry up offense
Pedal to the metal
Good mix of run and pass
Lots of short, easy passes in the design
Spread the wealth, hit different receivers
End arounds, sweeps, WR and RB screens
They speed from play to play, and every play is fast, the ball comes out in less than 3 seconds. Not only that, but it makes the players play a half-tick faster too

Us?
Red 80, red 80....
Wait...
Wait...
Going backwards on 1st down
Even worse on 2nd down
Playing to win 17-10 every game

If anyone doesn't think Roman needs to be fired, go watch a real OC call plays. Yea, he's got Tom Brady. But all the offensive players are contributing. Everyone is in the mix.
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Nov 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Tom Brady vs Colin Kaepernick.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Wasn't Mcdaniels the OC when Cassel was the QB?
Yes, of course, Tom Brady.

But it's also tempo. Tempo is set by the OC. We look like a 3-legged dog stuck in a foot of mud.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Yes, of course, Tom Brady.

But it's also tempo. Tempo is set by the OC. We look like a 3-legged dog stuck in a foot of mud.

This. I remember how they came out firing vs the Cards in the no huddle and the Cards defenders were basically panicking, lining up in the wrong spots, guys looked lost...........it worked so well in that game that Roman decided to never return to it.
Having watched a lot of Patriots this year, I am really impressed with the New England system. If we could get JM to bring that here, I'd love that! But I'm not sure how much if it is him vs Brady
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Having watched a lot of Patriots this year, I am really impressed with the New England system. If we could get JM to bring that here, I'd love that! But I'm not sure how much if it is him vs Brady

They still looked good even when Cassel was the QB. Great players make a system look even better, however a good system still needs to be in place. The west coast offense looked good from 1979 to 1984. The things that Bill Walsh did when he was OC in Cincinnati demonstrated he was a great OC/playcaller. However you put WRs like Jerry Rice and John Taylor in that system and it looks unstoppable. I'm saying all that to say that Brady makes it look unbeatable, but I think what McDaniels does would look good with any competent QB.
How soon we forget McDaniels was in the running to be HC during the Harbaugh to Stanford/Miam/SF saga back in 2011
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

They still looked good even when Cassel was the QB. Great players make a system look even better, however a good system still needs to be in place. The west coast offense looked good from 1979 to 1984. The things that Bill Walsh did when he was OC in Cincinnati demonstrated he was a great OC/playcaller. However you put WRs like Jerry Rice and John Taylor in that system and it looks unstoppable. I'm saying all that to say that Brady makes it look unbeatable, but I think what McDaniels does would look good with any competent QB.

Yeah and it looked great in Denver............ And yes Kyle Orton is a competent QB.
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
if kaep had to speed from play to play, his head would explode.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
yeah, we have a trailer-park-manager of an OC, but we also have receivers almost incapable of separating. i see two guys who can separate: ellington and carrier.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
if kaep had to speed from play to play, his head would explode.

Apparentely, watching college football is not you're thing.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
I'd take a 13 year old kid with six months of madden over Roman.
A thread dedicated to how our offensive coordinator isnt very good, when you can go into ninertalk and find "fire Roman" now thread and many others...ground breaking man.

Where did you come up with this never before imagined idea?
Share 49ersWebzone