LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Lyle Alzado

Shop 49ers game tickets
He should be an interesting subject for the series 'A Football Life'. I either forgot, or never really knew, that he fought Ali.

https://screen.yahoo.com/football-life-lyle-alzado-151212152.html
It better show clips from Ernest Goes to Camp

[ Edited by captveg on Nov 20, 2014 at 2:23 PM ]
VERY sad story.
He was Rocky, it was sad to see his final interviews with his body deteriorating.
loved his passion for the game, true football player
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Steroid freak
Imagine what the Niners would have in Aldon Smith if he was allowed to steroid it up.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Imagine what the Niners would have in Aldon Smith if he was allowed to steroid it up.

you'd have a mountain of crazy, off-the-field sh*t
  • CMIO

A real bomb in his backpack at the airport
  • CMIO
That was a great piece NFLN did.

Tragic

LOL if ? if ? LOL they all use it . any who don't are a minority. Get real man
Very worthwhile show to see.

Tragic.
I just watched it on my DVR. Very nicely done by NFL Network, and I think it did justice to the man and character Alzado was.

That really was a tragic story.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Steroids don't cause cancer
Steroids are bad for you, at least in large uncontrolled doses, but I'm wondering if it's doctors and other people getting these guys to quit cold turkey is what causes the harm. Look at Stalone, lifelong steroid user, and he's still doing pretty good. Sure he looks like a freak, but he is in good health overall. I'm just wondering if it would be better to simply lower the steroid dosage for these type of guys, rather than cut it off cold turkey.
Share 49ersWebzone