LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Week 12, who do you want

Shop 49ers game tickets

Week 12, who do you want

• MarkD
  • Veteran
I am rooting for both Cards and Hags to get severe cases of jock itch.
Originally posted by CMIO:
Originally posted by tondiman:
Even if the Cardinals get the bye we wouldn't necessarily meet them. They could easily get knocked off after the bye.

If we won the Wildcard, I prefer to play them in Zona in the Divisional. Not scurred...

Plus, if they beat seattle and then we do, it's done for seattle. We want to take out as many competitors as possible, and no matter what seattle is a huge competitor.

So root for the cards against seattle, and then root against both of them the rest of the season
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Go cards go! Lets put it this way. IF, and thats a huge if, we get into the pleayoffs, and manage to win a wc game, would you rather then play in lambeau, philly or sunny AZ?

Of course we'd rather face the Cards... even if it rains (they have a roof)
Tie!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
We need the cards to beat the seahawks twice, that would give us a huuuuuge bump for the playoff run
I got a feeling the Cards are about to start losing games.
Seahawks 24, Cardinals 16.
We control our own destiny.

That being said, I want the Cardinals to lose this weekend. I want the Seahawks to put the pounding on them, bring them back down to Earth.

After we sweep the Seahawks in the coming weeks, and with a Cardinals loss to the Seahawks this weekend as well as another Cardinals loss, probably to the Chiefs or possibly the Rams, we'll be right back into the thick of things for the NFC West division crown come Week 16. You heard it here first folks.

Reading through this ALMOST makes me hope the Cards will sweep the Hawks, solidify HFA, then beat the Niners by only 2 pts in the NFCCG so Niner fans will complain "if only we had HFA", and then I can point back to this saying all of you wanted the Cards to beat the Hawks and pretty much cement their claim to the division title and HFA.

The Niners are a very good road team, way better than the Hawks that's for sure. But winning 3 games playoff games in the road is very difficult. The Niners came (very) close last year, but there's a reason why teams fight for division, it helps to have at least one game at home in the playoffs.

On a side note, I'm calling it Redskins Trap game for Niners.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Go cards go! Lets put it this way. IF, and thats a huge if, we get into the pleayoffs, and manage to win a wc game, would you rather then play in lambeau, philly or sunny AZ?

If GB makes it as the #1 or 2 seed, and we are the 5th or 6th...we still need to visit GB if we win the first round we would play in GB in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs...

to not play in Lambeau we would need GB to lose the 1st and 2nd seeds or lose in the 2nd round
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Reading through this ALMOST makes me hope the Cards will sweep the Hawks, solidify HFA, then beat the Niners by only 2 pts in the NFCCG so Niner fans will complain "if only we had HFA", and then I can point back to this saying all of you wanted the Cards to beat the Hawks and pretty much cement their claim to the division title and HFA.

The Niners are a very good road team, way better than the Hawks that's for sure. But winning 3 games playoff games in the road is very difficult. The Niners came (very) close last year, but there's a reason why teams fight for division, it helps to have at least one game at home in the playoffs.

you're the worst person in the history of people

I hereby banish your team back to mediocrity

Originally posted by xtm059:

you're the worst person in the history of people

I hereby banish your team back to mediocrity

You must be magic, because that curse worked FAST!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by LVJay:

If GB makes it as the #1 or 2 seed, and we are the 5th or 6th...we still need to visit GB if we win the first round we would play in GB in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs...

to not play in Lambeau we would need GB to lose the 1st and 2nd seeds or lose in the 2nd round

Frozen Tundra ain't no joke... not impossible to beat them there, but not a good scenario to be in

Last part is pure wishful thinking.
Zag, look at the posting on .NET regarding the 49ers and the hate will make more sense.

If anything you should take that as a sign of respect that we don't want to have to possibly return to Seattle in January. Seattle is looking a lot more beatable this season than last, but if they managed by someway shape or form to take the NFC West and we rematch them, then all bets are off. Ask the fans of the Giants how s*** their 2008 season ended after a 11-1 start and beating both SB teams that season (Pittsburgh, Arizona) along with Baltimore? Guess who sent them home 1 and done in Giants Stadium? The Eagles.

But then again, why should Niner fans have to be apologetic to Seahawk fans? We took two beatings in your stadium in recent years, lost a painful championship game along with Bowman (and Iupati to a good extent). All of this to a team that looked less than dominant in the NFC playoffs than they did in the regular season. You seem to be a level headed guy who probably won't rub it in, but that 4th and 7 TD from Wilson off the Aldon Smith offsides is one of the most annoying things we've had to deal with as fans this whole offseason. Wilson made *two* plays that day off of broken s****, and that was the difference in the game.

So there's very much an element of joy that would come from eliminating the Seahawks from the post season before they even get there. There is that streak starting from the 2005 Steelers that each SB Champ has failed to win a post season game and right now that trend is still very much in play to continue.

I'd personally like HFA over being a wildcard, more for the bye and to ensure any divisional rematch is at home. I can put aside my hatred for the Hawks enough to see the bigger goal.

This weekend's Seahawks/Cardinals game is one were Niner fans will be the most
I'm rooting for MT. Saint Helen's to erupt and fill up Century link on Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone