LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Interesting Article

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
I also think it's funny how the fanbase beat their heads om a wall to get the team to pass more and now that they are it's the other way around.

We don't just want them to run passing plays. We want a smart passing game.

When the other team is beating your OL like a drum you do 3 and "maybe" 5 step drops with the backs chipping on the way out.

It was like Singletary's stubborn approach where he kept running what he wanted instead of exploiting what the defense was doing
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

When the other team is beating your OL like a drum you do 3 and "maybe" 5 step drops with the backs chipping on the way out.

It was like Singletary's stubborn approach where he kept running what he wanted instead of exploiting what the defense was doing

Signed!

Exactly!!!!!!! Thank you. I'm convinced that Roman/Harbaugh put a minimum effort into designing a sophisticated passing attack that is designed to take advantage of the opponents weaknesses. It's one that the offensive line, QB and wide receivers are all on the same page. There is little guess work or confusion. When you get into the Red Zone, you are somewhat confident that you'll be able to convert a pass into a TD on a consistent basis.

All of this is missing right now with Harbaugh and Roman and I can GUARANTEE you it's the sticking point in the Harbaugh extension. It all boils down to being a balanced offensive football team. I love Jim Harbaugh as a head coach but I'm not in love with Jim Harbaugh as an offensive ANYTHING.

Jim Harbaugh can win in the NFL with a high powered defense. He plays ball control football, runs the ball and is content kicking field goals and scoring the occasional TD knowing that his defense will only allow 14-20 points a game. But what happens when the defense slips a bit or when players get injured? When it's time for the offense to kick it up a notch and you DO have to rely on a sophisticated passing attack we are finding out that the Harbaugh/Roman designed offense is limited. And I'm not convinced he'll ever fix this problem.

Management knows this, the players know this and it's a HUGE source of frustration. Yet, Harbaugh just sticks with his guns and won't change his system. It's stubbornness to the 1000th degree.

What do you do with a coach that is unwilling to change?
In all honesty, while I'd love t see Harbaugh stay, Hamilton is an intriguing option.

He runs the same offense so there would not be a huge terminology shift so the offense wouldn't have a huge learning curve.

Might be a good option to keep the system intact but bring in fresh blood to revamp the offense while understanding where they were. It would be similar to moving to David Shaw...although he's a bit on the decline this days in terms of pro coaching prospects.

I'd also want to see Fangio to stay if at all possible.
I love Harbaugh as a coach from A to Z.. i can't believe we are here talking about him leaving after not even 4 seasons. If i think back to pre-harbaugh i get the chills.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Raheem Morris(sp)2.0

Morris was all motivator and talk, Hamilton at least knows his offense

Single cell

Why because he is black ? Other than that what similarities do they have for you to be even mentioning those two ?

My thoughts exactly.....sometimes people don`t really how they sound
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I keep seeing people saying in here that they want Roman to call more 3 and 5 step drop passing plays because of our oline. Logically yes and they do but you also need to receivers who are quick off the line/jam which our receivers cannot. Even if they could they just do not have the separation speed to break away from the db. Also Kap does not have the quickest release in the world either.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Raheem Morris(sp)2.0

Morris was all motivator and talk, Hamilton at least knows his offense

Single cell

Why because he is black ? Other than that what similarities do they have for you to be even mentioning those two ?

My thoughts exactly.....sometimes people don`t really how they sound
Originally posted by gold49digger:
so are we giving up on harbaugh...

No Jim have given up on the Niners By refusing to change and Being Stubborn to adapt therefore it has caught up with him , look at the team and how it is playing
the Offense.
I'm all for Pep as our new coach. I don't think anyone else out there that we could hire would get me fired up. Bowles is a good DC but IMO we could have anyone coaching the defense next year and be top 5. The rest of the candidates people are mention like gruden and holmgren are ancient.
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
I also think it's funny how the fanbase beat their heads om a wall to get the team to pass more and now that they are it's the other way around.

exactly they both are Ex-Bears and they Both are Stubborn,refusing to adapt,adjust and change so the rest is history, bye bye HaRo.

Originally posted by pete98146:

Exactly!!!!!!! Thank you. I'm convinced that Roman/Harbaugh put a minimum effort into designing a sophisticated passing attack that is designed to take advantage of the opponents weaknesses. It's one that the offensive line, QB and wide receivers are all on the same page. There is little guess work or confusion. When you get into the Red Zone, you are somewhat confident that you'll be able to convert a pass into a TD on a consistent basis.

All of this is missing right now with Harbaugh and Roman and I can GUARANTEE you it's the sticking point in the Harbaugh extension. It all boils down to being a balanced offensive football team. I love Jim Harbaugh as a head coach but I'm not in love with Jim Harbaugh as an offensive ANYTHING.

Jim Harbaugh can win in the NFL with a high powered defense. He plays ball control football, runs the ball and is content kicking field goals and scoring the occasional TD knowing that his defense will only allow 14-20 points a game. But what happens when the defense slips a bit or when players get injured? When it's time for the offense to kick it up a notch and you DO have to rely on a sophisticated passing attack we are finding out that the Harbaugh/Roman designed offense is limited. And I'm not convinced he'll ever fix this problem.

Management knows this, the players know this and it's a HUGE source of frustration. Yet, Harbaugh just sticks with his guns and won't change his system. It's stubbornness to the 1000th degree.

What do you do with a coach that is unwilling to change?
show him the door
Originally posted by tondiman:
I love Harbaugh as a coach from A to Z.. i can't believe we are here talking about him leaving after not even 4 seasons. If i think back to pre-harbaugh i get the chills.

that is why you can`t see the now,is because you keep looking back in the past "pre-harbs" so you and some others are Saying if Harbs is let go that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a Coach who cand Do better then Harbs? is that what you are Saying? My I guess Harbs is not replaceable and if he is replaced the 9ers will be right back where they were Before Harbs became HC....WOW amazing just amazing
At the very least Harbaugh gets traded, regardless of what has happened between he and the FO, he'll still be the hottest name on the available market. He's a winner, you can't deny that. Jets, Oakland, Atlanta, even Chicago, Miami and Cleveland (because of the connection) could all be potential landing spots.
I'd be very interested in Kevin Sumlin.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
so are we giving up on harbaugh...

Appears to be the case. But as I said earlier, Jim Harbaugh is a two headed monster. As a head coach he's a 10. Very few are better. But as an offensive mind, he's a 6. Problem is that JH will not relinquish his stamp on the offense.

This problem is tragic!!! Wish we could wave a wand and tomorrow JH wakes up and calls Baalke and tells him, "I'm ok with just being the head coach, Roman is gone, you pick the next GM." York/Baalke reward JH with one of the biggest contract extensions ever in the NFL.

Ok..back to reality cause it ain't happening. It's pure stubbornness on Harbaugh's side.

True, Harbaughs true weakness is his stubbornness. If he just sucks up his pride and fire Roman, there would be no issue. But if we do let go of harbaugh, im not sure who we should hire.
Share 49ersWebzone