LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

Interesting Article

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Pep as HC wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if our season goes to waste.

3 great seasons and one ok season is not enough to get rid of a coach

Lets see how the "ok" season turns out though. The niners could very well go 8-8 with the most talent this team has ever had on offense in over a decade. Maybe I can agree on Harbaugh hoping he stays but you have to wonder why the contract talks got postponed. I mean GB just signed McCarthy to an extension during the middle of the season to lock him up. The niners couldn't do the same? Maybe the niners wanted to see how this season turned out with the additions on offense. Clearly its not painting a good picture for Harbaugh. There has to be some truth to the Harbaugh and front office tensions, and won't discount the locker room stuff to from some of the players. There's just too many reports in different areas that all point back to the same place. I can't recall but how long was Marv Levy the coach of Buffalo after they made it 3 or 4 years straight to the SB and lost?

What makes the niners look better.....Harbaugh making the playoffs, possibly losing then letting him go? Or not even making the playoffs. then letting him go?
[ Edited by Baldie on Nov 7, 2014 at 10:30 AM ]
Pep ain't making me pay 6 g's for a season seat
Originally posted by Baldie:

Lets see how the "ok" season turns out though. The niners could very well go 8-8 with the most talent this team has ever had on offense in over a decade. Maybe I can agree on Harbaugh hoping he stays but you have to wonder why the contract talks got postponed. I mean GB just signed McCarthy to an extension during the middle of the season to lock him up. The niners couldn't do the same? Maybe the niners wanted to see how this season turned out with the additions on offense. Clearly its not painting a good picture for Harbaugh. There has to be some truth to the Harbaugh and front office tensions, and won't discount the locker room stuff to from some of the players. There's just too many reports in different areas that all point back to the same place. I can't recall but how long was Marv Levy the coach of Buffalo after they made it 3 or 4 years straight to the SB and lost?

What makes the niners look better.....Harbaugh making the playoffs, possibly losing then letting him go? Or not even making the playoffs. then letting him go?

Harbaugh stop the negotiations to show his two holdouts you need to honor your signature on your contract..how much is that is true..idk but it came from the coaches mouth so I will believe his word
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Pep ain't making me pay 6 g's for a season seat

Neither is Harbaugh....
Promote Tomsula!!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:

Harbaugh stop the negotiations to show his two holdouts you need to honor your signature on your contract..how much is that is true..idk but it came from the coaches mouth so I will believe his word

I missed his comments on that....but his comments don't make sense to me.
  • ethan
  • Veteran
Why not Vic Fangio, if Harbaugh doesn't return. He is a known quantity with a proven track record. Seems like a Trent Baalke kind of guy as well.
The article is, of course, pure speculation.
Originally posted by ethan:
Why not Vic Fangio, if Harbaugh doesn't return. He is a known quantity with a proven track record. Seems like a Trent Baalke kind of guy as well.

Blaine Gabbert said he wants to be HC
Originally posted by gold49digger:
so are we giving up on harbaugh...

Appears to be the case. But as I said earlier, Jim Harbaugh is a two headed monster. As a head coach he's a 10. Very few are better. But as an offensive mind, he's a 6. Problem is that JH will not relinquish his stamp on the offense.

This problem is tragic!!! Wish we could wave a wand and tomorrow JH wakes up and calls Baalke and tells him, "I'm ok with just being the head coach, Roman is gone, you pick the next GM." York/Baalke reward JH with one of the biggest contract extensions ever in the NFL.

Ok..back to reality cause it ain't happening. It's pure stubbornness on Harbaugh's side.

Originally posted by ethan:

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!

I hear what you're saying and agree, but we are being held back by stupid playcalling year after year. Somehow that's got to change, someone on the coaching staff needs to wake up and remember who we are as a team and if that doesn't happen then head's need to roll.
Yeah the only way I see Harbaugh being replaced is with Fangio. I think Fangio with a great OC would be awesome. I just think this is nonsense. He's gotten us to the NFC Championship every year. One upsetting year doesn't get coaches fired on winning teams. If there isn't an extension this offseason I would start to wonder but, other than that it's just people stirring up the s**t bucket.

I hear what you're saying and agree, but we are being held back by stupid playcalling year after year. Somehow that's got to change, someone on the coaching staff needs to wake up and remember who we are as a team and if that doesn't happen then head's need to roll.

Like it or not, we are in transition with keeping all the rookie class on the team and letting Vets go.

The 9ers still have a decent team but the injury bug hit us. if the s**t hits the fan, the OC will get cut first. and if the problem is still there then its the HC.

installing a whole new regime always has a higher chance of failure then success.

we need two failing seasons under 500 to start calling for the HC's head
I also think it's funny how the fanbase beat their heads om a wall to get the team to pass more and now that they are it's the other way around.
Share 49ersWebzone