LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

NFL Head Coaching Candidates for 2015

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
From rumors to Jon Gruden to the Raiders to Mike Smith getting fired and the Falcons looking for a new HC, share your thoughts on candidates that will most likely get HC jobs in 2015.

If Harbaugh does not come back and the 49ers look externally, Hue Jackson would be an interesting choice if they can keep the defensive staff together.
What about Mike Shanahan?

Do you think he could tweak an offense around CK?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
What about Mike Shanahan?

Do you think he could tweak an offense around CK?

I don't know if we have the players on offense, especially the offensive line, to execute his scheme. Plus, I think he'll want GM control.
Gruden and Shanny are the past. We need to look to the future if Harbaugh goes.
Yes. Hugh Jackson over jim Harbaugh. Makes perfect sense.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Yes. Hugh Jackson over jim Harbaugh. Makes perfect sense.

Who Jackson? Hue, thats who.
Originally posted by GEEK:
From rumors to Jon Gruden to the Raiders to Mike Smith getting fired and the Falcons looking for a new HC, share your thoughts on candidates that will most likely get HC jobs in 2015.

If Harbaugh does not come back and the 49ers look externally, Hue Jackson would be an interesting choice if they can keep the defensive staff together.

I'd definitely go all in for Hue Jackson on the condition that the entire defensive staff remain as well as Tom Rathman. Not sure how that would go over with him. Another choice would be Darrell Bevell, same scenario (keep defensive staff and RB coach).

I'm holding onto the pipe dream that Harbaugh does the right thing and lets go of Roman, Mangini, and the WR coach to say the least. If he does, it might be harder to find an OC.
Gary Kubiak. First, because his scheme is perfect for our personnel (that goes double for VD) and also because he'd likely bring along Rick Dennison to help run the offense and coach Kap.

He was at the top of my wish list before we hired Harbaugh.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'd definitely go all in for Hue Jackson on the condition that the entire defensive staff remain as well as Tom Rathman. Not sure how that would go over with him. Another choice would be Darrell Bevell, same scenario (keep defensive staff and RB coach).

I'm holding onto the pipe dream that Harbaugh does the right thing and lets go of Roman, Mangini, and the WR coach to say the least. If he does, it might be harder to find an OC.

Harder? I think that would make it easier. Let a new OC come in and assemble his own staff.
Rex would be a great fit in ATL. They have an offense in place they just need a defense built.

David Shaw in Oakland... they franchise needs a complete culture shock. Shaw would instill a tough defense to beat the Lucks, Bradys, and Mannings. He has a QB, some young wideouts, and Mack is a rare talent on defense a guy you can build around for sure.

I doubt we have a coaching change but if we do...

Pep Hamilton... Luck seems to love him and the Colts offense is consistent. They can run the ball and pass with less offensive talent than ours. The defense is already installed this would be a smooth transition. I would hate to see Harbs go but if he cant see Roman is the issue then he will be loyal to a fault and deserves to be fired. His brother has the balls to fire his OC mid season... why cant he???

Originally posted by GEEK:

I want Kyle Shanahan. WCO, 49ers pedigree, assisted Jon Gruden in TB, is doing some amazing things with Brian Hoyer. So far, is proving he can handle any potential QB controversies.

He's under the radar, so we could essentially give Harbaugh until the end of his contract and still be able to pick Shanahan up.

Let the rest of the league grab the big names next year, we'll grab the winner one year later.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Rex would be a great fit in ATL. They have an offense in place they just need a defense built.

David Shaw in Oakland... they franchise needs a complete culture shock. Shaw would instill a tough defense to beat the Lucks, Bradys, and Mannings. He has a QB, some young wideouts, and Mack is a rare talent on defense a guy you can build around for sure.

I doubt we have a coaching change but if we do...

Pep Hamilton... Luck seems to love him and the Colts offense is consistent. They can run the ball and pass with less offensive talent than ours. The defense is already installed this would be a smooth transition. I would hate to see Harbs go but if he cant see Roman is the issue then he will be loyal to a fault and deserves to be fired. His brother has the balls to fire his OC mid season... why cant he???

I think shaw would come here before he'd go to Oakland. The raiders have a promising young qb but there are holes all over that team . They spent all that money for a bunch of over the hill vets and now that team needs another overhaul. Their gm is in win now mode as he has had failed to assemble a championship roster on his first overhaul

I'm sure his job will be on the line following this year and that may cause friction with the new coach. The niners have a win now championship like roster already assembled that will be healthier next year. Shaw is a smart coach I think if he leaves Stanford its for the niners.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 7, 2014 at 2:11 PM ]
like kyle shanahan, but don;t think kap can run his WCO
gruden has been out of football too long. plus his last few drafts in TB were horrendous. Also the story of him lobbying hard for the Raiders to draft Johnny Manziel at #5 blows my mind. I would not want that guy in charge of my team
JIM HARBAUGH.

END THREAD
Share 49ersWebzone