• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
AJ
LMJ
Vance
Tank

Early round flops.

Tank isn't going to be a flop. Our stubborn DC just needs to let him rush the passer on third downs.
Originally posted by Joecool: I think Borland was a waste. He strictly backup material who struggles at getting to the RB quickly.

Maybe but you can certainly see their reason why they drafted him. In either case which receiver do you take instead of him? Also it's a bit early to say he was a waste.

AJ
LMJ
Vance
Tank

Early round flops.

Tank and Vance aren't flops yet. Kind of ridiculous to lump them in with AJ considering they've hardly had a chance to make an impact. Vance has been a very good blocker just hasn't had a lot to show in the passing game. Tank was essentially red shirted and hasn't had much playing time because our coaches are hell bent in playing inferior defensive players just because they play special teams.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think Borland was a waste. He strictly backup material who struggles at getting to the RB quickly.

AJ
LMJ
Vance
Tank

Early round flops.

I was screaming for the Niners to draft Zach Ertz. Instead they traded down and Vance and Tank appear not ready to step up
Originally posted by Antix:
Yeah...well you have to actually throw to your receivers for them to be good. How many targets does Ellington have. Also, our WR coaches are prob some of the worst in the biz. I don't think we know how to develop receivers.

This x 100000000000000
Originally posted by Hopper:
AJ
LMJ
Vance
Tank

Early round flops.

Tank isn't going to be a flop. Our stubborn DC just needs to let him rush the passer on third downs.

Totally agree.

IMO, the excuse that he doesn't know the playbook is BS.

Man, has the guy even been in on one snap????

I wonder what the real reason is.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Oct 28, 2014 at 4:43 PM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
You guys seriously haven't figured out that susweel's favorite pastime is trolling?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Janitor:
You guys seriously haven't figured out that susweel's favorite pastime is trolling?

Lol how is that trolling what of those players done in their careers ?
  • dj43
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Antix:
Yeah...well you have to actually throw to your receivers for them to be good. How many targets does Ellington have. Also, our WR coaches are prob some of the worst in the biz. I don't think we know how to develop receivers.

This x 100000000000000

+1
Originally posted by genus49:
You're an idiot OP...

Comparing a 4th rounder to guys who went in the first few rounds. Ellington will be just fine if they actually throw him the ball. Notice how when they actually used him in the passing game vs Denver he did well?

Crazy idea...throw a kid the ball and see if he then contributes huh?

This.

Originally posted by PrimeTime:
I can't help but to think of this topic when I see the success all of these rookie Wide Receivers are having. Why is it that every year we seem to pass on numerous receivers that can help our squad but we end up with the worst rookie WR?

Bruce Ellington?
Kelvin Benjamin
Martavis Bryant
Sammy Watkins
Brandin Cooks
Mike Evans
Jordan Matthews
Davante Adams
John Brown
Donte Moncrief
Odell Beckham
Allen Robinson

How do you know Bruce Ellington is a "bad" receiver? He hasn't even had the ball thrown to him much. Just stop it. And just about every receiver on that list short of guys like Watkins and Cooks would've been in the same spot Bruce Ellington is- 5th receiver.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
our rookie stud WR would be fourth on the totem poll behidn davis, crabs, and boldin. I'm more concerned about our pass rush and DL.

Yep. Defense wins championships.

Your right guys I think I was just overreacting a bit.. I think it has a lot to do with the built up frustration over the years of passing up guys like DJax and watching other rookie receivers go off each year. I know it's way to early to judge Ellington. He should be ok but just sucks that we never draft big physical receivers
We still have to see what Quitton Patton can do.. With our team having good TE and WR blocking to go with our O Line.. i would love to see Ellington used in reverses and Screens plays.. and Proset formations with Hyde/Ellington and Gore/Miller
  • Phil
  • Veteran
I was praying to the 49er gods that they'd pick Allen Robinson in the second round. He has the third most yards receiving amongst the rookie class and didnt even play over 4 or 5 snaps in the first game of the season. Has around 400 yards receiving if I'm not mistaken? 300 something? He reminds me of Boldin and would have been perfect to learn under and replace Boldin. Also to help fill the void if Crabtree walks in 2015. I will say this though, Watkins went to the Bills where they cleared the way for him to start by giving us Johnson. Benjamin went to Carolina where they were in desperate need of a WR. Robinson went to the Jags who drafted Lee in front of him with other vet WR's on the team but they had injuries in so hoisting Robinson into more game time. My point is, even though I didnt like the pick, Ellington is on a team with a loaded WR corps. We can't judge him just yet.
[ Edited by Phil on Oct 31, 2014 at 12:12 AM ]
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Such a strong class of WRs and all baalke got was Ellington.

It was a major f**k up. As was drafting Ward. I so wanted Kyle Fuller in the first and Robinson in the second. I was pissed on draft day, voiced my opinion and was subsequently crapped on by "long time" posters who have decided to unquestioningly support our FO while degrading anyone who isn't sold on our supposed draft wizardry. The Internet. Love it.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Robinson has 453 receiving yards. Just checked. And we all heard of Kyle Fuller yes? Lol
[ Edited by Phil on Oct 31, 2014 at 12:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone