LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Will The NFL Be Gone In 30 Years?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The injured player compensation is a huge factor. I needed a few stitches in my head after a fall. It took about an hour in ER to patch me up. Total cost $6 thousand. Imagine the cost for those players with dementia.

If you paid $6K for that I can't wait to see the bill for my appendectomy last week!
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by Joecool:
There will be plenty of rule changes. I can see absolutely no blocking below the waste for any position.

Heck, we may see a big difference once the no HGH is applied. OL will once again be 260 to 280 pounds. Players are already improving on tackling rather than becoming a missile.

lol

Are you telling me that if you force players to play at a normal size, they may incur less injuries????

I wish they'd stop taking this stuff. It just ruins it for everyone. It stops being an issue of who's better and becomes an issue of who's going to damage their body the most with drugs.

If anything is going to destroy the NFL, it will be that.
In 10 years it will be flag football or 2 hand touch. In 30 it could really be gone due to decline in popularity.
The less violent the game becomes, the shorter life span it will have
In my opinion Football is already dead and it died when ahmad brooks sacked Drew Brees to win the saints game last year, but was called for a roughing penalty. It is no longer football, it is Goodell-Ball
Originally posted by Geeked:
There will be plenty of rule changes. I can see absolutely no blocking below the waste for any position.

Heck, we may see a big difference once the no HGH is applied. OL will once again be 260 to 280 pounds. Players are already improving on tackling rather than becoming a missile.

lol

Are you telling me that if you force players to play at a normal size, they may incur less injuries????

I wish they'd stop taking this stuff. It just ruins it for everyone. It stops being an issue of who's better and becomes an issue of who's going to damage their body the most with drugs.

No but I couldn't see how it couldn't hurt. You won't have 280lb guys who can run 4.6 forties. Slower smaller players will mean less violent collisions.

Of course, it is not the only thing that can help.
Originally posted by Geeked:

lol

No but I couldn't see how it couldn't hurt. You won't have 280lb guys who can run 4.6 forties. Slower smaller players will mean less violent collisions.

Of course, it is not the only thing that can help.

Why would people want to watch 170 lb. players running a 5.0? That's called Friday Night Lights. It's High School Football......
Little known fact, at the beginning of the twentieth century football was about to be banned. President Teddy Roosevelt led the movement to keep the game alive.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I think th NFL could use some professional competition. The NFL has a big head and that's because there's only one. I remember rading about a league that would be basically be the professional version of college FB centered in the south that would play in spirng. That would be a good idea but I never heard anything else about it.

The NFL will not be the way it is today that's for sure. sports is like any other business. eventually the market will demand an alternative. It could be a new league or a new sport altogether.
No - it will be here and we'll be gone.

When HIgh schools ban it
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
we'll all be annihilated and the planet will be blown to smithereens
Originally posted by LVJay:
we'll all be annihilated and the planet will be blown to smithereens

Planet Nibiru... Is coming our way lol
Nope. The younger generations won't find it interesting without the violence and parents are already prohibiting their kids from playing football due to the injuries you can get.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The injured player compensation is a huge factor. I needed a few stitches in my head after a fall. It took about an hour in ER to patch me up. Total cost $6 thousand. Imagine the cost for those players with dementia.

You got a break. I think the usually ICU cost is 10k a day.

The ICU is intensive. It costs 10K a day because you are hooked up to ventilators, arterial lines, cardiac monitors, nasogastric tubes, etc etc etc. 1-to-1 nurse care, so that's labor cost too.

ER, on the other hand...did you have any diagnostic stuff done? X-ray, CT, anything like that? What RVUs could they have coded for to justify 6K?
Share 49ersWebzone