There are 259 users in the forums

Gerald McCoy: 7 year extension for close to $100 million

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

The Bucs have agreed to terms w Gerald McCoy on a new 7 year extension for close to $100 million #scoopage
Nvm was thinking of someone else
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Oct 25, 2014 at 10:20 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell

Gerald McCoy deal (7 years, $98 million, $51.5 million guaranteed) sets the market for Ndamukong Suh this offseason.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
That's stupid, Gerald McCoy is solid no doubt, but no DT is worth $98 million dollars. IMO
Originally posted by Kolohe:
That's stupid, Gerald McCoy is solid no doubt, but no DT is worth $98 million dollars. IMO

Agreed. First Goldson and now this. Poor Bucs are going to be struggling for the foreseeable future IMO.
it's probably more like a 4-5 year deal with most of the guarantee coming in the first couple of years.
I'm sure the devil is in the details BUT how do you feel that number will effect what Alson aks for.

I KNOW - different positions BUT money is money.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Wow, for a DT? That's crazy. Even BY or Stubbie didn't get that kind of blockbuster deal in todays dollars (relatively speaking).
Do owners go to any school to become owners? Or are they just super rich with the best toy money can buy.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Of course, Lovie Smith (defensive minded coach) thought this was a great deal

Is this guy Colt McCoy's brother
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'm sure the devil is in the details BUT how do you feel that number will effect what Alson aks for.

I KNOW - different positions BUT money is money.

Aldon might be looking for Clay Matthews money if he can perform well and stay away from any more trouble
Big deal. Suh will prob get more. Who do you guys see taking a run at him this offseason or has the cap to? Not gonna be detroit
[ Edited by Whosgotitbetter on Oct 25, 2014 at 2:22 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Whosgotitbetter:
Big deal. Suh will prob get more. Who do you guys see taking a run at him this offseason or has the cap to? Not gonna be detroit

I wouldn't doubt if Suh wants to unite with Schwartz in Buffalo so he can do what ever he wants to do to offensive players (step on them, kick them, spit on them, punch them, body slam them, etc.)... and after victories, he can carry Schwartz on his shoulders back to the locker room
  • CMIO
TB lol
Share 49ersWebzone