LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Under the new rules can anybody beat Peyton Manning and the Broncos?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Denver should finish tops in AFC as their schedule gets much easier 2nd half of the season. That being said, come playoffs anyone can beat anyone. You have various factors like bye weeks, travel, WEATHER, nerves of players, added pressure etc.

ONe thing that Denver does so well that i WISH the 49ers would mimick is the WR screens to D. Thomas. We need to run those same plays to Crabtree, SJ, or Ellington. get VD and boldin out there to block. Every time they run those plays they seem to get positive yardage and a few have been taken to the house.

In regards to the Super Bowl, dont count out the Packers. Rodgers is the MVP right now i think and is lights out.

You think their schedule is going to be easier with 4 road games at NE, KC, SD, and CIN?

Hosting Buffalo (NFL sack leader), at home, I don't know -- Manning may take a lot of hits in that game. And with the others -- anything can happen, the Rams very well may fix the problem to their pass rush in time for Peyton and Co.'s visit.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
When the weather gets cold that passing game with an old qb is gonna slow down. Running game and defense will be key.
Seahawks looked unstoppable to start the year, a lot can still change
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Oct 24, 2014 at 3:14 PM ]
seahawks
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Out score him... something we can't do because of our OC / QB
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Peyton Manning and the Broncos were "the greatest offense in NFL History" going into SB 48 and we all saw how that worked out. The same deeper/healthier team went into Clink earlier this year and outside of epic collapse by the Seahawks defense in the final minute of the game also got owned (at least beat). So yes the Peyton Manning Broncos team can be beat. It just will take a team playing lights out defense with lots of pressure, and an offense that is clicking so the Broncos can't control game tempo. Make no mistake it will take another GREAT team to beat the Broncos. The Seahawks WERE that in SB 48 and earlier this year, not so much anymore. Still a long season ahead, Seahawks or the Niners won't meat the Broncos again unless they reach the SB. I'm not going to look that far ahead right now. Hell I wouldn't for the Niners either, and what are the chances of the SB losers returning to the SB again? like less than 20%? don't be surprised if it's the Chargers vs Cowboys in the SB. Could happen.

AT SEATTLE they lost. LOL. And they barely, barely lost. The Super Bowl was when you could hold, grab, turn, mug, tackle, interfere with all the WR's. You CAN"T do that anymore. No era. LOL. Totally different rules and enforcement now.

In this era Seattle is 3 and 3 and Denver is a powerhouse.

In case you didn't notice Seattle is 5-2 in their last seven games at home. Our HFA in Seattle is good, but it's not like we're 16-0 at home. Just saying before you crown the Broncos as unbeatable, it's proof they can be beat. Just like Seattle can be beat at home.

5 - 2 means nothing. You are counting last years games. New rules this year. You are 3 - 3.

Did you even read my post?

Only in the WZ!!

Everybody was b***hin about the SeaHawks getting away with mugging WR's/TE's all last year. NFL saw it too and made some changes.

Now it's a bad thing because it puts a premium on great QB's.
Last time I checked, Seattle can beat him...just saying
Not that it's a very accurate comparison, but I saved a video to my phone of last year's preseason game vs. Denver of Aldon coming around on a pass rush forcing Manning to get rid of it early on 3rd down and slapping him on the ass!!

Fix the OL and ground game, get the LBs back and we'll be fine.

We're not going to shut out the Broncos by any means, but we'll be able to slow them down enough to beat them.

Remember the '94 49ers offense looked like a complete juggernaut to every team in the league except Dallas where they were able to slow down Steve Young a bit. Still lost the games because our defense was great, but Dallas made our offense look less than it did the other 17 games that year.
Originally posted by socal9er42:

Only in the WZ!!

Everybody was b***hin about the SeaHawks getting away with mugging WR's/TE's all last year. NFL saw it too and made some changes.

This.

Great safety play, that´s the way to beat Peyton. He likes to take advantage, of safety play in the middle of the field.
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by socal9er42:

Only in the WZ!!

This.
+1.............and our db's think it's still 2013 and continue to grab,hold
[ Edited by 16to87 on Oct 25, 2014 at 5:42 AM ]
If we have all of our guys, I say we beat them. This was the first loss by the 49ers in awhile where I wasn't upset at all. We were missing two All-Pro ILBs, Tramiane Brock coming off of injury, but down Jimmy Ward (who has gotten better) and Chris Culliver. Give me an Aldon Smith, along with Patrick Wllis alone, and I bet Ahmad Brooks starts looking like an All-Pro linebacker again because he will get the least amount of attention, along with our great safety play and a full complement of corners and it will be a much different result. Should we see them in the Super Bowl, this loss could be one of the best things that have happened to us this season because they haven't faced the real 49ers. However, we would've seen them at their best.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
If we have all of our guys, I say we beat them. This was the first loss by the 49ers in awhile where I wasn't upset at all. We were missing two All-Pro ILBs, Tramiane Brock coming off of injury, but down Jimmy Ward (who has gotten better) and Chris Culliver. Give me an Aldon Smith, along with Patrick Wllis alone, and I bet Ahmad Brooks starts looking like an All-Pro linebacker again because he will get the least amount of attention, along with our great safety play and a full complement of corners and it will be a much different result. Should we see them in the Super Bowl, this loss could be one of the best things that have happened to us this season because they haven't faced the real 49ers. However, we would've seen them at their best.

Yes, with Aldon and Navorro back and, hopefully, a heathy O line, we will stop them.

Let's put it another way. If they had injuries to their key players like we had, anyone think they would have beaten us last weak?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
1-2 in the Super Bowl. Plus that one win was against a sorry ass Rex Grossman. How many times has Peyton been on the best team in the NFL and come away with only 1 super bowl victory

This. Biggest stat padder in NFL history. Best quarterback ever during the regular season but would struggle to hold up Joe Montana's jock strap during the playoffs. He was one potato Rex Grossman performance away from being 0-3 for his career in the Superbowl. Great quarterback but I feel like all the clutch genes in that family went to Eli.
Share 49ersWebzone