LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

38yr old Quaterback that can't move!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Thirstyfor49ers14:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Seattle mauled their O-line with just 4. didn't need to blitz.

They blitzed thats what mauled them, they knew he had a few plays with that weak arm

no, they were able to get pressure with just their FOUR down lineman. Then they combined that with pressing and jamming. Go re-watch the game dude, jesus christ.
I don't think he knows what blitz means

clearly. can't argue with webzone logic any longer.
why is this in niners talk?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
why is this in niners talk?

Lol.
Would have loved to seen a match up b/w Peyton Manning and Joe Montana.
Peyton Manning is a statue! He can't move and the 49ers let him off the hook! They never challenged the receivers and they should have blitzed the broncos the whole game, he can't run with a weak arm, that is why he throws alot of screens.

He was what we thought he was. And we let him the hook! Crown his ass
I wish we had traded for Peyton when we had a chance.

We would have two more rings now.
Peyton Manning has actually ran for a 30 yard TD against the Saints
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't think I saw us blitz once, I did see a few 3 man rushes on 3rd and long (That Manning converted). Manning carved us up going down the field like it was a bag drill. Blitzing couldn't have made it worse, he only had 4 incompletions. The 49ers had no chance at competing unless they gambled on both sides of the ball, and our coaching staff refused to do that. They mailed it in, pretty pathetic if you ask me.
My point is we played into the broncos strength and thats why we got skunked out! We did not play our game or the score would have been closer than it was.
Supersonic speed by Peyton

Seattle would not have played 5 wide receivers. They would have smashed the broncos with the big running back.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I noticed when the Niners beat the colts back in 2001 40-21. Blitz Peyton Manning, you do not have to sack him, just keep hitting and pressuring him. As many times as you sack or hit him is as many int's he's going to throw. Over the course of his ancient career he has yet to prove otherwise. It was confounding why we were only sending 3 to 4 man rush.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Supersonic speed by Peyton

He should've just scored. That would've been epic.
Peyton Manning is a statue! He can't move and the 49ers let him off the hook! They never challenged the receivers and they should have blitzed the broncos the whole game, he can't run with a weak arm, that is why he throws alot of screens.

Peyton Manning has the highest passer rating in the NFL when blitzed. He picks you apart if you blitz. (Kap actually has the 2nd highest rating when blitzed).

The way to beat Manning is to get pressure up the middle with 4 or less pass rushers, and we just dont have the personnel to do that right now.
Our defense was so beat up, it really wasn't even fair to have to start Borland. There was very little pressure on Manning. You give Peyton anything more than a three step drop without pressure, it's gonna be a long day. Couple that with an offensive line that can't give our happy-footed qb even half that time, we were doomed to lose. At least if we see him again we should have some starters back on defense. Gotta get that offensive line right or we might be watching the Cards win the division and an east team that we've already beat get the wild card.
Share 49ersWebzone