There are 264 users in the forums

Would you trade Aldon Smith for Julio Jones?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

Lol that's awesome
LMAO Stop making threads. Especially stupid ones.
Originally posted by Niners816:
You do not trade a sack-a-game pass rusher for number 1 WRs, unless it's jerry in his prime. Julio is really, really good but not worth aldon.

I wouldn't do it either just really frustrated that our offense sucks in the damn red zone.
My teacher use to tell me, "there are no dumb questions." Clearly she never clicked on this thread.
Pass rusher, especially of Aldons talent, is MUCH more valuable than a receiver. So, NO.
Is this a serious thread?
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
Don't shoot me I'm just thibkjng out loud here.

Yeah our passrush has been so great this year that we should get rid of aldon
No
No way. I'd trade him for Watt or Von Miller, but pass rush is much bigger need than WR. I trade Crabs and just about any semi reasonable package of picks for Julio because he's one of the best young WRs in the league.

But our WRs are solid to really good. AB and SJ have looked great. Crabs is usually solid. The youngsters have some potential. There are a bunch of top level FA WRs next year. WR is not our biggest need.

The drop off if we lose Aldon (as we have seen) is so much greater than the upgrade at WR getting JJ.

If anything, I'd trade VD or Crabs if we could for pass rush help and be confident we could find replacements easier than replacing our only true pass rush threat to upgrade at WR.

• titan
  • Veteran
No. I am willing to gamble that Aldon will get it right this time and when he does he will be on his way to the HOF. I do agree that #1 WR is a need, but if we get rid of VD with Crabs that is some good amount of $$$$ we can lure someone with. I am so disappointed with Crabs and VD is just going through the motions with no intensity. I rather see McD. and Carriker out there with their emotions rather than watching the fastest and strongest TE in the world that can't run pass it lose a defender.
Aldon smith, jj watt. Two most talented players on defense in the league. Bowmans close though
Hell No!! I'd rather have Aldon's shadow then Julio. Altho I do like Julioas a WR, I'd rather have aldon!!
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by beatintina49:
Aldon smith, jj watt. Two most talented players on defense in the league. Bowmans close though

Bowman is in the mix in my opinion MLB just don't get the sack recognition. They can cover top tight ends and WR all day and get 10 or more tackles, but a SACK is ESPN.
aldon is a headache but no...he could be a top 5 pass rusher of all time if he gets his s**t together.
Share 49ersWebzone