LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Would you trade Aldon Smith for Julio Jones?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I've been mulling this trade in my mind.. I really believe we are missing a #1 wide out and it's hurting our offense and run game.. None of our receivers are feared.. We don't have a guy that can create separation and just go up and get those 50/50 balls.. Stretch the field. Pass to open up the run..

Once our line backing core is back our defense will improve and lynch will further develop into a solid pass rusher.. It just doesn't make any sense how this team can't score but then I look at our receivers and none of them can so what Jones can.. I know the Falcons suck this year but it's not on Jones. The entire team sucks.

The Niner defense under Harbaugh has always been at the top.. We've lost games because our offense can't get on track no matter what..

Crabtree can be sent packing next year and Stevie can be the #2 with Boldin.. If Atlanta has any interest I would make the trade now.. It can propel us to a title this season.

Don't shoot me I'm just thibkjng out loud here.
No lol. Our receivers aren't an issue. Aldon is more valuable and more durable
Trade VD, Crabs...if Kilgore didn't get hurt I would say throw Iupati/Boone in as well.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by spizzy:
No lol. Our receivers aren't an issue. Aldon is more valuable and more durable

+1, Aldon is a special player with that once in a lifetime ability. Our receivers aren't the issue right now.
We haven't seen the best of Aldon, imo. No way would I make that trade.
Can Julio Jones rush the passer?
Aldon is a HOF player.

No way.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
jesus f**king christ
Not in a million years. Pass rusher >>> Receiver almost every time.

Jones is good, but he's not Jerry Rice, and that's what it would take to trade an elite pass rusher like Aldon.
Julio Jones can cause teams to double team him. He can go up and get a damn ball. He can do things that Crabtree can only do in his dreams.. Our receivers are over rated and have very mediocre speed and separation ability.. Crabtree is nothing but another Mario Manningham at this point. He's so average it makes me want to puke.. Boldin is head and shoulders our best receiver and that's saying something, he's great but he's an older vet..

Kaepernick will be our QB for the foreseeable future and he's going to need a star wideout. Crab is gone next season.

I'm not saying trade Aldon at all costs to get one but we need a star wide receiver.

No, the impact a receiver can have on an offense and the impact an elite pass rusher can have on a defense are not the same IMO
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
Julio Jones can cause teams to double team him. He can go up and get a damn ball. He can do things that Crabtree can only do in his dreams.. Our receivers are over rated and have very mediocre speed and separation ability.. Crabtree is nothing but another Mario Manningham at this point. He's so average it makes me want to puke.. Boldin is head and shoulders our best receiver and that's saying something, he's great but he's an older vet..

Kaepernick will be our QB for the foreseeable future and he's going to need a star wideout. Crab is gone next season.

I'm not saying trade Aldon at all costs to get one but we need a star wide receiver.
we need a god damn pass rusher. our wide outs are fine,,,, ahhhhh what is the point.... fine trade aldon,, who do you replace him with who is just as good because that is what you have to do you know... when you get rid of someone you better have a plan to bring someone in who is just as good if not better..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swayze:
No, the impact a receiver can have on an offense and the impact an elite pass rusher can have on a defense are not the same IMO

of course this is the truth.,, you do not trade the cornerstone of your defense,, oh wait we did that one year,, it was haley,, how did that turn out?
You do not trade a sack-a-game pass rusher for number 1 WRs, unless it's jerry in his prime. Julio is really, really good but not worth aldon.
Share 49ersWebzone