LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

NFC West re-Shuffle

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't see any way the NFL would want to move the Seahawks back to the AFC. The Seahawk- Niner rivalry has already worked itself into an NFL narrative. It's already a good rivalry - good for a couple good game-of-the-week telecasts a year. They're not going to screw that up.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by crabman82:
yeah some of the placements dont make sense. dallas in theory could be an nfc west team but their rivalry with the other nfc east teams is too much to pull them away. also find it funny the southern most team in the nfl doesnt even play in the south division (miami)

It's time for Dallas to move on - if any team should be in a different division, it's them. The NFC South should be Dallas, New Orleans, Tampa Bay and Atlanta. The east should be Giants, Eagles, Native-American-Kill-Bounties and Carolina.

I'd make it simple and have Dallas and Indy flip-flop...so stupid where both are at now, plus it would take advantage of the natural rivalry between Houston and Dallas. And speaking of rivalries, I think the NFL is missing the boat by not putting more geographic rivals in the same division, and yes that includes 49ers/Raiders...so lame that they and teams like Jets/Giants only play once every 4 years when they should be playing twice EVERY year. If the Rams came back to LA there could be a West Div (take your pick, AFC or NFC) of all CA teams, Chargers, Rams, Raiders, 49ers, and the other West would be Seahawks, Broncos, Chiefs, Cards.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
... But i'd rather the rams move back.

You aren't the only person ... as there are many that share your sentiments. As a team -- they've been gone from L.A. so long -- I don't miss
them being in Cali, and (TBH) prefer them to stay put in St. Louis. Wouldn't miss not playing them twice a season at all. Just don't have
that destain for them I once held ;D

Niners, Seahawks, LA Rams and Cardinals makes the most sense - every team is in the West. You'd have Northwest, Northern Cal, Southern Cal and Southwest.

Geographically, what make the most sense is:

Seattle, Seahawks
SF 49ers
Oakland Raiders
San Diego, Chargers ... or any combination thereof, if and when a team relocates to L.A.

NFL (Owners) will never do this ... and if/when it ever happens, it will be many years from today.

I don't see any way the NFL would want to move the Seahawks back to the AFC. The Seahawk- Niner rivalry has already worked itself into an NFL narrative. It's already a good rivalry - good for a couple good game-of-the-week telecasts a year. They're not going to screw that up.

True the Italic ...
Reason this though - with the alignment of the teams as I typed above, there would be no such need. In Reality,
the NFL (Owners), stand a chance to gain more than they would lose. I've been begging for a proper alignment
geographically, since I started watching the Niners in the 1981 season. That old NFCW group was the worse,
and murder for the 49ers travel-wise.

Many purest will scoff at my suggestion, but again in reality, the NFL's audience has become more diverse, as well
as, younger demographically speaking. I'd venture that the majority of existing fans, don't know about prior alignments,
divisions, or which city a particular team once represented.

As a Fan (myself), I've had to make the adjustments over the years ... all the while knowing and having a good
understanding of the games origin(s) and history. I truly believe that people have put TOO MUCH STOCK, into the
mindset, that the Conferences and Divisions, need to stay as original as they once were. My answer them ... what's
Original, is ALL Relative ... to your generation, and when your started viewing the sport.
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Oct 8, 2014 at 10:23 PM ]
Screw that. I want the Seahawks to stay.
No!

I get to see the Niners play every year because the Hags are in the NFCW. Plus the rivalry with the Hags is set to be a big money maker for a long time.

Now there is a part of me that would enjoy them not being a thorn in the division, plus it would be entertaining to get them on a neutral field for the SB. Especially if that neutral field was in the Bay Area.
yes
Move that franchise to Oklahoma City and strip them of that illegitimate "title" they cheated for last year.

Also indict pete carroll and sherman for crimes against the enitre history of humanity, which automatically incurs a forced punishment of ebola and being nuked, along with the rest of Baja Canada.

/thread
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Move that franchise to Oklahoma City and strip them of that illegitimate "title" they cheated for last year.

Also indict pete carroll and sherman for crimes against the enitre history of humanity, which automatically incurs a forced punishment of ebola and being nuked, along with the rest of Baja Canada.

/thread

Slight overreaction?
no, that is the standard cure...ask LVjay
The NFL wont be splitting the 49ers and Seahawks apart anytime soon. Its their biggest draw right now

Besides, there is no need for realignment. They arent adding a 33rd team.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Rams --> LA

Chargers --> LA

Raiders --> San Antonio

Jags ---> Arizona

Cardinals --> St Louis

Seahawks --> CFL

/thread

Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Screw that. I want the Seahawks to stay.

This....great rivalry going
Originally posted by Niners99:
The NFL wont be splitting the 49ers and Seahawks apart anytime soon. Its their biggest draw right now

Besides, there is no need for realignment. They arent adding a 33rd team.

Agree.

Though, I'd love to see them go to the AFC and then play them in the Super Bowl. Then the 2 best teams would be playing and that would be a media frenzy and make it a true "Super" Bowl.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think this would be the ideal money wise decision for the NFL..

NFC WEST:

San Francisco
Oakland
LA Rams
San Diego

AFC WEST:

Arizona
Denver
Seattle
KC
The Hags/Niners rivalry is now known nationally and is a desired matchup for even the East coast. An Eagles fan from work actually had a football party in PA for the NFCCG last year, calling it the real Super Bowl even before the blew Denver out. A lot of talk about that game lately. We can be assured that TDay will be very public, I am just glad it is at home and not in The Stink.
Share 49ersWebzone