LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

NFC West re-Shuffle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Interesting conversation regarding possible moves to LA for both Raiders and Chargers.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2224854-insider-buzz-raiders-would-agree-to-nfc-west-move-to-land-los-angeles-stadium?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-mob-art-vid-16?is_shared=true

Teams coming back to LA appears to be picking up steam, but again, believe when I see it. Seattle out of the division is A-ok with me
So i guess this whole L.A. getting a team is starting to pick up steam & its not just smoke like in times past. I mean ill believe it when i see but just maybe this time around Chargers/Faders & Rams are serious bout leaving their old digs to move back here.

What u guys think of swapping Oakland for Seattle?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2224854-insider-buzz-raiders-would-agree-to-nfc-west-move-to-land-los-angeles-stadium?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Can you imagine the fights at the raider niner games twice a year. Redrum
i think its a dumb idea to separate the 4 old school afl rivals. but mark davis is probably dumb enough to agree to it. wouldnt happen with al. as far as travel would go it would be a win and a loss. basically a no travel game to la each year, but still stuck with that usal 10am game and long flight to st louis. i'd rather keep seattle and have the rams in la.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Oct 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM ]
The Rams moving back to LA makes all the sense in the world...they are an afterthought in StL. I hope they do move back to LA, it's better for the 49ers as far as travel, plus it's just a better rivalry with them in SoCal.
If it were to happen...clearly having a divisional opponent as close as LA is an advantage over the travel time to Seattle or St. Louis. Plus not going to Seattle twice a year to deal with the noise advantage isnt a bad thing. Still I think if your division gets too easy it can hurt you in the playoffs. See the Pats in recent years. They get soft off the easy prey in their division and struggle when it gets to be go time.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Oct 8, 2014 at 12:13 PM ]
LOL theres no way the NFL moves Seattle and SF out of the same division. Thats 2 premium viewership games a year.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
The Rams moving back to LA makes all the sense in the world...they are an afterthought in StL. I hope they do move back to LA, it's better for the 49ers as far as travel, plus it's just a better rivalry with them in SoCal.

I agree & i am sure there will be less violence at those games. We all know if u get the Raiders & Niners in the same building each year u know you'll get plenty of brawls. Just look what was happening at preseason games the last few years we played them in PRESEASON!!! Not a smart move just bring the Rams back & save yourself the trouble.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Niners99:
LOL theres no way the NFL moves Seattle and SF out of the same division. Thats 2 premium viewership games a year.

now it is but it wont be forever.
I would hope the the Rams go back to LA. They are afterall in the NFC West...

I'd be sorry to see the Chargers leaving SD, don't care what the Rams do. Hilarious if Seattle are sent back to the AFC. I would rather keep the Raiders in Oakland to soak up the thug element of supporters in the area.

But I don't think that these decisions should be made by half a dozen fat boys only interested in their profits. The way the previous Browns were torn out of Cleveland was wrong and f@@@ Art Modell for doing it.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:

This. They kept the Rams in the NFC west last realignment due to the history of the rivalry. I Would much rather have another NFC West team like the Rams in LA. I'm in Las Vegas so its an extra road game I can go to during the year. Plus, travelling cross country for a divisional game for the team just sucks. Seattle will never get moved out of the division as long as they keep winning.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol, playing the raiders twice a year? yes please. But i'd rather the rams move back.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:

This. They kept the Rams in the NFC west last realignment due to the history of the rivalry. I Would much rather have another NFC West team like the Rams in LA. I'm in Las Vegas so its an extra road game I can go to during the year. Plus, travelling cross country for a divisional game for the team just sucks. Seattle will never get moved out of the division as long as they keep winning.

the travel to st louis does suck but its really not any different than the afc west teams having to go to kansas city every year
I'm going to this week's game in St. Louis and secondary market tickets are selling for $8. Eight f'in dollars! Might have to pull a Michigan and start giving tickets out to anyone who buys a Coke.
Share 49ersWebzone