LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 200 users in the forums

Are the Giants a potential NFC threat this year?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Are the Giants a potential NFC threat this year?

It looks like the Giants are slowly having a strong come back season.

Granted they have not played anybody strong yet but they are ranking pretty high in offensive line and passing efficiency. Defense was decent last year but would fail because of the bad O. It's probably a top 10 unit. After not having a TE the last two seasons, they have a decent one in Larry Donnell and now Odell Beckham Jr is looking to be a contributing rookie receiver.

Probably most important of all is the west coast/power hybrid offense they play now which allows Eli to get the ball out quicker and not have to get sacked so much. And he's getting his groove back.

They play two common opponents in Philly/Dallas over the next two weeks......maybe not the best choices because division, but if they lose to both then I don't think they are ready yet. After that they'll battle Indy, Seattle and us in that order.

As much as I hate the hawks I want them to beat the Giants at home. Not by a huge amount, but something comfortable like 14 points or so. Then we go in there and hopefully give them the ass kicking we've owed them for some time now.

If it doesn't happen in November, no doubts it will come in the playoffs. Our D will be world class by then, and the O a legit machine.

It's a beautiful thing Aldon comes back in time for our battle on November 16th.

Interesting note: the Giants are the only other team on the bye as us.
the nfl these days: bury a team and fire the coach after a couple of bad games and then put them atop the mountain after a few well played games. the truth is in the middle. aslo why would you cheer for seattle to beat them? 1) thats not good for us in the chase for the division and 2) if this league has shown us one thing over the years its that teams can get smacked one week by 14-21 points and be on the ropes and come back with a solid win the next week. if anything you should be hoping they win in seattle and suffer from over confidence, which also happens a lot in this league.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Oct 8, 2014 at 11:41 AM ]
Crabman, I just loathe that team. I may not be putting our best foot forward with that wish.

We'll see what happens. We could have used a win from them last year, but they completely s*** the bed and were in no position to do it. That win could have put us given us division, assuming they dropped to AZ as well.
I voted NO !!!

My vote made it dead even, at 33% ... ask me again, in about six Sundays from
now -- after we play them in their house -- by then, the NFC picture should be more
clear. They've already added the "If the season Ended Today" column at NFL.com ...
as it stands (although the season is still fairly young) we are the 7th seed in the NFC
and out of the playoffs.
Too early to tell. Hope not. Strongly dislike them.
Every year that people write them off they surprise people so I voted yes even though I hope not. I can't stand that team.
I already said at the beginning of the season that they would do well
I hope Andre Williams goes off
They haven't beaten anyone. Their next 6 weeks is brutal I see them going 1-5 in that stretch
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Oct 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM ]
Every few years they get some of the flukiest bounces go their way... so I really hope not

Gotta love this!

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/By-The-Numbers-Elis-Many-Interceptions/bca548b4-30f4-4d08-a3e7-2f09be517023
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Every few years they get some of the flukiest bounces go their way... so I really hope not

They are THE luckiest team in the NFL. I can't wait for the game between them and the Niners - Aldon and Bowman will be back!! And even better, I'll be at the game to see eli get squashed and picked off.
Odell Beckham really seems to bring some speed and will help their offense. but in the end the will not make the play offs.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
They haven't beaten anyone. Their next 6 weeks is brutal I see them going 1-5 in that stretch

This. Could easily end up 0-6 too. They haven't beaten any good teams and they just lost their best RB for at least 2 weeks.
The Giants one constant during their SB wins is a shut down defensive line. They appear to have that once again. Eli is as good as any QB out there, how many QB's other than Brady have 2 rings.........................None.
Share 49ersWebzone