There are 218 users in the forums

Why is Cam Newton regarded as a top 10 QB???

Shop 49ers game tickets
I've seen a lot of QB ranking lists that show Cam to be around 7 or so, higher than Wilson and of course Kap.

I don't get it.........sure he has nice physical tools and stats but his composure is pretty bad when the going gets tough. Whenever you think Kaepernick could have a little more poise or whatever, be grateful we don't have Cameron QBing our team. I don't think Cam as our QB could win in that Lambeau wildcard game or compete in Seattle.

Do they feel he reads defenses better? Does more with less offensive talent?

Maybe he is a better QB than one of them, but I can't see how he's better than Kap AND Wilson together at this point in time.

It's like his #1 overall status has to be justified (like Andrew Luck) while 2nd and 3rd round QBs have to prove their worth or something.
Also remembered him being called out recently by Steve Smith saying he wasn't a leader, couldn't see the field properly, etc.

I couldn't ever seeing Vernon or Crabtree, etc. saying that about Kaepernick (mostly because of their class, but just can't see it by their chemistry as teammates).

I hope he remains Panthers QB.....assures us not to have to worry come January!
Because he is big and had a lot of hype in college?......
Scam Newton
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Also remembered him being called out recently by Steve Smith saying he wasn't a leader, couldn't see the field properly, etc.

I couldn't ever seeing Vernon or Crabtree, etc. saying that about Kaepernick (mostly because of their class, but just can't see it by their chemistry as teammates).

I hope he remains Panthers QB.....assures us not to have to worry come January!

If Crabtree went somewhere else I could see him saying that about Kap.
to answer your question i'm not too sure but it only bothers those who let it. as a youngster i'd take the medias word as gospel until i realized they're just dudes watching a game like me and forming an opinion. that goes for former players too, some of them arent any good at analyzing s**t and are there because they used to play.
Originally posted by crabman82:
to answer your question i'm not too sure but it only bothers those who let it. as a youngster i'd take the medias word as gospel until i realized they're just dudes watching a game like me and forming an opinion. that goes for former players too, some of them arent any good at analyzing s**t and are there because they used to play.

Deion Sanders
Cam Newton sucks
I mean who else is there? Off the top off my head in no order

Manning
Brees
Brady
Wilson
Rodgers
Luck
Rivers
Ryan
Romo?
Stafford?
Newton?
Cutler?
Dalton?

I mean the first 8 are locks. After that its all preference I can see people having him in their top 10
He's been hyped by the media for years and has become one of their favorites.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I mean who else is there? Off the top off my head in no order

Manning
Brees
Brady
Wilson
Rodgers
Luck
Rivers
Ryan
Romo?
Stafford?
Newton?
Cutler?
Dalton?

I mean the first 8 are locks. After that its all preference I can see people having him in their top 10

My thoughts exactly
He's definitely top 10. He's playing with one above average WR and he's a rookie with no RB right now that couldn't even start in the UFL. Also the long time top tier LT retired abruptly this offseason. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees MIGHT put up decent numbers on that team.
The Cam Newton hype has to stop. The guy sucks. Badly.

He's worse than Kaepernick, and Kaepernick is a bad QB. Cam is the 28th-ranked QB in the NFL right now. 28TH! Kaepernick has had more success, has been more efficient and has been just as big a threat running the ball.

245 rushing yards doesn't make you a good QB. Being 6-0 doesn't make you a good QB; you can have a good record and still suck (see Alex circa 2011 or Kaepernick circa 2012 and 2013).

People said Vince Young was one of the greatest QBs in the league when he was winning (and running a lot) too, and those people were just as clueless (Mike Greenberg) as the people who say Cam is even good, much less and MVP candidate.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Oct 31, 2015 at 12:41 PM ]
Well then,pick the Colts in your pickem this week
Someone on the Panthers offense needs to get credit for their offense consistently being average-above average since Newton entered the league. Their offense line sucks, Olsen was average before he got there, their RB's are average-below average (I'd take Hyde and a number of other RB's over Stewart and Deangelo Williams was always banged up and is now a backup), and they have had terrible WR's throughout Newton's career with the exception of an aged Steve Smith and a rookie last year. Newton has had bad supporting casts, but their offense moves the ball and puts up points. It's not a coincidence.

Kaepernick has not been as big of a threat running the ball - Newton has much better vision and runs between the tackles more often. Kaepernick runs into sacks a lot when he's scrambling which doesn't show up in his rushing yards. Kaepernick has had more success because he's been on a better team throughout his career. Now that the tables have turned, the 49ers look like one of the worst teams in the league. Cam has rushed for 37 TD's compared to 11 for Kaepernick and has the same number of fumbles despite playing in a lot more games, getting more carries and rushing for more than 1000 more yards. Newton has a much lower sack rate for his career despite having a worse offensive line for most of their careers.

And every GM in the league would take Newton over Kaepernick. He's highly regarded by former and current players. I don't understand your obsession with passer rating.
Share 49ersWebzone