There are 460 users in the forums

Week 5 Gameday Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Wilson is the most overrated QB in the league

And yet . . .

@RLiuNFL: .@Seahawks Russell Wilson is 1st @NFL QB w/ 200+ pass & 100+ rush yards on MNF

Damn could you imagine seeing a game like that in the playoffs? Oh wait

Yup kap had 181 rushing and 263 passing...
Their passing offense is such a joke. I've never seen anyone with more luck than Russel Wilson. How is it the guy is able to scramble backwards 15 yards and roll around for 8 seconds and somehow there's no holding going on? Then he throws up some lucky s**t that one of his garbage ass receivers come downs with. It's not even a real offense. It's just an ad lib and trust in the leprechaun's luck at QB. That little midget can't run a conventional offense and pass from the pocket. You keep him inside that pocket and he's f**ked.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Wilson is the most overrated QB in the league

And yet . . .

@RLiuNFL: .@Seahawks Russell Wilson is 1st @NFL QB w/ 200+ pass & 100+ rush yards on MNF

Are games played on MNF more important than other games?

Well, if you work for MNF they might be.

I am pretty sure that Kaepernick went over 100 yards rushing and 200 passing in a play off game.

And yes, play off games are more important than non-play off games.

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Their passing offense is such a joke. I've never seen anyone with more luck than Russel Wilson. How is it the guy is able to scramble backwards 15 yards and roll around for 8 seconds and somehow there's no holding going on? Then he throws up some lucky s**t that one of his garbage ass receivers come downs with. It's not even a real offense. It's just an ad lib and trust in the leprechaun's luck at QB. That little midget can't run a conventional offense and pass from the pocket. You keep him inside that pocket and he's f**ked.

Something tells me it's a just a tad more than luck ;-)
By RW's own admission, running is never his first option - he does what he has to do to keep the drive alive. Thank goodness he was able to do that last night but, hopefully, the O-line will fix their issues so he doesn't have to run as much and so his TDs don't get called back on penalties (just plain sloppy but, on the bright side, getting a win on the road while not playing your best is encouraging)
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Something tells me it's a just a tad more than luck ;-)
By RW's own admission, running is never his first option - he does what he has to do to keep the drive alive. Thank goodness he was able to do that last night but, hopefully, the O-line will fix their issues so he doesn't have to run as much and so his TDs don't get called back on penalties (just plain sloppy but, on the bright side, getting a win on the road while not playing your best is encouraging)

If Percy Harvin goes down with an injury Seattle's in some deep
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Yup kap had 181 rushing and 263 passing...

Burrrrrnnnnnn...

I'm more worried about a team like the Broncos who put up 40 on Arizona than I am about a team that's one injury to their starting RB away from total implosion. Eventually defenses/coaches will figure out the best way to combat "backyard football". And it's nothing new- I played Russell Wilson style ball in the original Tecmo Bowl.
Originally posted by 9er2k:

PH doesn't mean squat- this is Lynch's team. They can't win without him.
Originally posted by 9er2k:

No doubt it would be disappointing but, hardly a death knell (e.g., they won last night despite the fact that his 3 TDs were negated by penalties)
I'm not ready to assume anything about the Hags right now. As long as Harvin, Lynch and Wicket are still healthy they will be able to do what they always do.

I think we still split with them but the season is still going to be Hags and Niners at the end.
Share 49ersWebzone