LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

Cumulative QB rankings after 4 weeks....

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Why are you guys so shy?

#28 WILSON the GOAT with a negative rating! OMG how is this possible?

Wilson has been playing mediocre football since late last season. I'm not really surprised by this personally. The media and everyone else is still on his jockstrap though because he does win the game when it's on the wire, i.e. last week against Denver in overtime. If not for the rest of the team being so great, Wilson would plummet into mediocracy. He's more ofthe team making him good instead of him making everyone else look good.

So what's CK's excuse? Although Lynch>Gore (and it's not by a gigantic margin by any means). I can easily say Niners TEs&WRs>Hawks TEs&WRs. And I'd put the Niner defense on par with the Hawk defense.

You're forgetting an important element, that being coaching. I think Bevell > Roman, he puts Wilson in better positions to succeed. He designs a lot of plays to get the ball out quick for easy completions, and let's the WR get the YAC. So, I see where Duke is coming from.Roman is more creative in the running game.

There is room for improvement for Kap, no doubt but the offense has been dealing with injury issues all season. Offense line been missing Davis, Crabs been hurt(no surprise), VDavis missed a couple of games. So, if excuses is what your looking for there are plenty. But, on top of all that he is still rated higher than Wison

Also, I do recall Hawk fans saying that Percy was better WR than all 9ers combined and that Baldwin Kearse are way more clutch than Crabs.

Since the hawks were the best team last year, and supposedly fielding a better team this year(according to hawk fans), what's Wilson's excuse?

I actually think RW is playing pretty well outside of the Chargers game. So I have no excuses, I think he's playing well.
Why are you guys so shy?

Wilson has been playing mediocre football since late last season. I'm not really surprised by this personally. The media and everyone else is still on his jockstrap though because he does win the game when it's on the wire, i.e. last week against Denver in overtime. If not for the rest of the team being so great, Wilson would plummet into mediocracy. He's more ofthe team making him good instead of him making everyone else look good.

So what's CK's excuse? Although Lynch>Gore (and it's not by a gigantic margin by any means). I can easily say Niners TEs&WRs>Hawks TEs&WRs. And I'd put the Niner defense on par with the Hawk defense.

You're forgetting an important element, that being coaching. I think Bevell > Roman, he puts Wilson in better positions to succeed. He designs a lot of plays to get the ball out quick for easy completions, and let's the WR get the YAC. So, I see where Duke is coming from.Roman is more creative in the running game.

There is room for improvement for Kap, no doubt but the offense has been dealing with injury issues all season. Offense line been missing Davis, Crabs been hurt(no surprise), VDavis missed a couple of games. So, if excuses is what your looking for there are plenty. But, on top of all that he is still rated higher than Wison

Also, I do recall Hawk fans saying that Percy was better WR than all 9ers combined and that Baldwin Kearse are way more clutch than Crabs.

Since the hawks were the best team last year, and supposedly fielding a better team this year(according to hawk fans), what's Wilson's excuse?

I actually think RW is playing pretty well outside of the Chargers game. So I have no excuses, I think he's playing well.

PFF disagrees
  • JoRo
  • Veteran
Why are you guys so shy?

PFF disagrees

Wilson is on pace for career highs in TD, completion %, and INTs(career low). His YPA has dropped a bit this year but honestly I don't see how he's doing nearly as bad as PFF claims.
Originally posted by JoRo:
Wilson is on pace for career highs in TD, completion %, and INTs(career low). His YPA has dropped a bit this year but honestly I don't see how he's doing nearly as bad as PFF claims.

He's not. Everyone on here hates Wilson so we are going to be excited about the grade being low.

But it's almost as if everyone forgot what matters in football. Winning football games matters and Wilson does a solid job of that. I frankly don't care if my QB makes easy throws or impossible throws as long as it affects the team positively.

People b***h about Kap not being able to manage the clock and the game, especially seeing how important it is these past few weeks. Then at the same time, we knock Wilson for only making 'easy' throws that aren't special, but ignore that he is elite and managing the game and never puts the Seahawks at a disadvantage with turnovers or mistakes.

They both are, and will be great QBs.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
He's not. Everyone on here hates Wilson so we are going to be excited about the grade being low.

But it's almost as if everyone forgot what matters in football. Winning football games matters and Wilson does a solid job of that. I frankly don't care if my QB makes easy throws or impossible throws as long as it affects the team positively.

People b***h about Kap not being able to manage the clock and the game, especially seeing how important it is these past few weeks. Then at the same time, we knock Wilson for only making 'easy' throws that aren't special, but ignore that he is elite and managing the game and never puts the Seahawks at a disadvantage with turnovers or mistakes.

They both are, and will be great QBs.

I wouldnt go that far, if i remember correctly the last two times he played versus the 9ers he had two sack fumbles, due to lack of awareness of on coming rushers.
Also, he takes unnecessary sacks for loss of yards, like in the championship game that he was lucky enough not to get called several times. The only clutch throw i seen him make in that game was the fourth down throw, which is not really clutch more like a free play with no adverse consequences, which i attribute that to Pete Carrol for explaining the situation to Wilson. Yeah, i know that he still completed the pass but if you know there is no possibilty of it getting intercepted, it takes all the pressure off, making that pass easier.So, other than that I think Lynch was more clutch.

Nobody denies that Wilson is a good qb, we just like to give visting posters a hard time. As someone has mentioned he gets more credit on this site than Kap does on the .NUT. I dont see Zaghawk or other hawk posters bring up the fact that Kap has been pretty clutch himself, especially in the postseason.
Nobody denies that Wilson is a good qb, we just like to give visting posters a hard time. As someone has mentioned he gets more credit on this site than Kap does on the .NUT. I dont see Zaghawk or other hawk posters bring up the fact that Kap has been pretty clutch himself, especially in the postseason.

There was talk about Romo whether or not he was a choke artist because...yes he would choke on a huge play that effectively ends the game/season. Yet at the same time, he is also the reason the team was even in that position of almost having the game in the first place.Now CK is in no way shape or form Romo. But lets take the NFCCG. Man CK was CLUTCH (there ya go) with HUGE runs, and that pass to Boldin on the run over ET. I mean that was CLUTCH. If the Niners won that game fingers would be pointed on CK as the reason the Niners won that game. At the end CK had 3 turn overs. Poor ball security and bad passes. We can probably agree that choking is the opposite of being clutch. So to quote what you wrote "Kap has been pretty clutch himself, especially in the postseason." On one hand Kap made huge plays to get the Niners where they were at in the post season. But on the other hand he also made huge plays (for the other team) that ended their postseason. You can't exactly call him a choke-artist because he is carrying the team when it matters, but you can't exactly call him clutch either because he's also losing the game when it matters too. I'm sure many Niner fans have similar thoughts on CK.
double post
[ Edited by zaghawk on Oct 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM ]
Kaep leading the way in penalties. No surprise there.
RGIII ahead of anyone is surprising.

There was talk about Romo whether or not he was a choke artist because...yes he would choke on a huge play that effectively ends the game/season. Yet at the same time, he is also the reason the team was even in that position of almost having the game in the first place.Now CK is in no way shape or form Romo. But lets take the NFCCG. Man CK was CLUTCH (there ya go) with HUGE runs, and that pass to Boldin on the run over ET. I mean that was CLUTCH. If the Niners won that game fingers would be pointed on CK as the reason the Niners won that game. At the end CK had 3 turn overs. Poor ball security and bad passes. We can probably agree that choking is the opposite of being clutch. So to quote what you wrote "Kap has been pretty clutch himself, especially in the postseason." On one hand Kap made huge plays to get the Niners where they were at in the post season. But on the other hand he also made huge plays (for the other team) that ended their postseason. You can't exactly call him a choke-artist because he is carrying the team when it matters, but you can't exactly call him clutch either because he's also losing the game when it matters too. I'm sure many Niner fans have similar thoughts on CK.

I can agree with most of that, although you focus on the championship game but he also has played extremely well against the Pack x2, Falcons come from behind, and Panthers. Next time, .nutters refer to him as a choke artist, you should set em straight.

Share 49ersWebzone