There are 220 users in the forums

Cumulative QB rankings after 4 weeks....

Shop 49ers game tickets
Very interesting.....some mind boggling things based on reputation, but always good to see another take.

Why are you guys so shy?

#28 WILSON the GOAT with a negative rating! OMG how is this possible?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Why are you guys so shy?

Wilson has been playing mediocre football since late last season. I'm not really surprised by this personally. The media and everyone else is still on his jockstrap though because he does win the game when it's on the wire, i.e. last week against Denver in overtime. If not for the rest of the team being so great, Wilson would plummet into mediocracy. He's more ofthe team making him good instead of him making everyone else look good.
Fully agree. His playoff performances dipped even more, saved only by the 12s roar in the CLINK on the defensive side.

What's so awesome about this is that PFF the site that ranks players play by play with a sophisticated methodology has objectively ranked him pretty low.....so now it's hard for the 12s to defend him in this stance as "hate" or biased media bashing him like on nfl.com, bleacher report or something.

Only 5 QBs ranked lower than him in the passing department, and none of those guys are a surprise.
Roethlisberger has been impressive considering the team around him is nowhere near what it used to be.
  • JoRo
  • Veteran
Interesting that Tannehill is on the verge of being benched but he's 7th overall.
Fully agree. His playoff performances dipped even more, saved only by the 12s roar in the CLINK on the defensive side.

What's so awesome about this is that PFF the site that ranks players play by play with a sophisticated methodology has objectively ranked him pretty low.....so now it's hard for the 12s to defend him in this stance as "hate" or biased media bashing him like on nfl.com, bleacher report or something.

Only 5 QBs ranked lower than him in the passing department, and none of those guys are a surprise.

No they will say something like this to discredit the list.

Originally posted by JoRo:
Interesting that Tannehill is on the verge of being benched but he's 7th overall.

double post
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Oct 1, 2014 at 3:06 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Oh s**t look at Tom Brady down there making his receivers better.
Wow, very surprised Wilson is that low!

Why are you guys so shy?

His numbers look pretty solid and better than most.

Rating: 108.9
TD: 6
INT: 1
COMP: 69%
YPA: 7.5
Originally posted by Joecool:

That's what I mean -- it's very hard to believe that he's been one of the five worst quarterbacks in the league. What PFF"s grade means to me is that Wilson has made a lot of easy, high-percentage throws that are very "plug-and-play" (i.e. throw any quarterback in that situation and he's going to do well). On those passes, he's going to receive a neutral grade. The rating suggests that he hasn't made a ton of exceptional throws or plays that separate him from an average quarterback.

At the same time, it's hard to take PFF's grades at face value. It's not like these guys are infallible.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Why are you guys so shy?

Wilson has been playing mediocre football since late last season. I'm not really surprised by this personally. The media and everyone else is still on his jockstrap though because he does win the game when it's on the wire, i.e. last week against Denver in overtime. If not for the rest of the team being so great, Wilson would plummet into mediocracy. He's more ofthe team making him good instead of him making everyone else look good.

So what's CK's excuse? Although Lynch>Gore (and it's not by a gigantic margin by any means). I can easily say Niners TEs&WRs>Hawks TEs&WRs. And I'd put the Niner defense on par with the Hawk defense.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Oct 2, 2014 at 9:16 AM ]
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Joecool:

That's what I mean -- it's very hard to believe that he's been one of the five worst quarterbacks in the league. What PFF"s grade means to me is that Wilson has made a lot of easy, high-percentage throws that are very "plug-and-play" (i.e. throw any quarterback in that situation and he's going to do well). On those passes, he's going to receive a neutral grade. The rating suggests that he hasn't made a ton of exceptional throws or plays that separate him from an average quarterback.

At the same time, it's hard to take PFF's grades at face value. It's not like these guys are infallible.

The sad thing about these ratings are that they just don't take into account intangibles like being clutch and scrambling (well maybe some scrambling). RW one of the best QBs that turns a broken play into something. Also as others pointed out above, wins a game when it matters. Although Tom Brady is declining and doesn't have the regular season numbers of Peyton. He's argued to be as good if not better because he won the games that matters and came through when they needed it most.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Why are you guys so shy?

So what's CK's excuse? Although Lynch>Gore (and it's not by a gigantic margin by any means). I can easily say Niners TEs&WRs>Hawks TEs&WRs. And I'd put the Niner defense on par with the Hawk defense.

You're forgetting an important element, that being coaching. I think Bevell > Roman, he puts Wilson in better positions to succeed. He designs a lot of plays to get the ball out quick for easy completions, and let's the WR get the YAC. So, I see where Duke is coming from.Roman is more creative in the running game.

There is room for improvement for Kap, no doubt but the offense has been dealing with injury issues all season. Offense line been missing Davis, Crabs been hurt(no surprise), VDavis missed a couple of games. So, if excuses is what your looking for there are plenty. But, on top of all that he is still rated higher than Wison

Also, I do recall Hawk fans saying that Percy was better WR than all 9ers combined and that Baldwin Kearse are way more clutch than Crabs.

Since the hawks were the best team last year, and supposedly fielding a better team this year(according to hawk fans), what's Wilson's excuse?
Share 49ersWebzone